Creating Multiple of the same contact?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HDSL

Customer
Joined
Feb 27, 2023
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
With the CRM integration if the number isn't on file then 3CX creates a new contact as intended but I have found that if the same number calls multiple times 3CX creates multiple new contacts. Is there a way to stop this in the settings? As this is time consuming having to merge the numbers all the time. The below image is the latest one I have noticed and has made the same contact 8 times.
duplicate contacts.JPG
Thanks
Steven
 
With the CRM integration if the number isn't on file then 3CX creates a new contact as intended but I have found that if the same number calls multiple times 3CX creates multiple new contacts. Is there a way to stop this in the settings? As this is time consuming having to merge the numbers all the time. The below image is the latest one I have noticed and has made the same contact 8 times.
View attachment 34461
Thanks
Steven
You might need to check your settings in Advanced > Contacts > Options and make sure it is set to Match Exactly or at least 8-9 digits.

Salesforce should return results for that, and you can test that in the CRM settings page.
 
Thank you for the reply, I have checked and this was set to match at least 7 I will have a test with these numbers and see if it fixes our issue as I assume the more it matched the better the results will be.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Thank you for the reply, I have checked and this was set to match at least 7 I will have a test with these numbers and see if it fixes our issue as I assume the more it matched the better the results will be.
Also make sure that your numbers are entered without - or () in Salesforce. Otherwise it cannot match, but I think SF already stores them as E164.
 
Salesforce dose store number in E164. This seems to have fixed my issue thank you for your help @ConceptsWeb .
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,961
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us