• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Determined to get Avaya 9611G working

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkono87

Free User
Joined
Sep 7, 2020
Messages
6
Reaction score
1
i was given a couple of these phones and have been trying to get the registered with my 3cx instance. I realize they are legacy and not supported so need to reply with that. I have seen a few posts of people managing to get it to work but I just cannot catch a break it seems.

I followed the guide here. https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/avaya-ip-phone-provisioning/

When I boot the phone, it pulls the firmware, installs and reboot but upon the 2nd reboot it doesnt find any config file and the screen just shows Empty proxy server list, gives me a login but is useless. I heard one guy said try using an external webserver and I tried placing a 46xxsettings.txt in there and pointing the config address to it but that didnt work either. Not sure Im doing it right.

As this is not a business im not in the market to buying new phones, Im just testing and learning so I was hoping to be able to troubleshoot this to success.
 
Is the web server using SSL/TLS? If so, you may need to turn off certificate checking on the phone because it might not have the necessary CA certificates to verify the SSL chain. The other thing to check is that the phone supports TLS 1.2 as that is the minimum supported by up-to-date 3CX installations.

Also, having looked at the Avaya documentation, is DHCP option 43 set? They say you can't use both 43 and 242 at the same time.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,961
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us