• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

different holidays for different business units

sergen

Gold Partner
Basic Certified
Reaction score
We are using 3cx hosted version 18 with update 6.
We have 6 x sip trunks for each business unit. Let say business units are A,B,C,D,E,F

Sip trunk 1 goes to inbound rule for Business unit A, sip trunk 2 goes to inbound rule for business unit B and so on.

wanting to know eg. business unit A,B and C are on holiday on christmans day but business unit D,E and F work on christmas day.

How, can I set this to take affect automatically without user intervention..

Note some of the users are the member of other business units as well. e.g. user A could be in business unit A and C.

Regards

Hi @sergen.

If you want to continue using inbound rules in the management console, set the 'route calls to" fields in the rule to "send call to group" and pick the extension group created for your departments A~F.

Then switch to the web client / desktop client with a user that has group/system admin rights and go to the admin > office hours screen and choose your dept extension group and set the timezone, local holidays and routing for office hours.

Holidays are specific to each group and the global holidays will be ignored if routing to a group. So specify the same christmas holiday dates for depts A,B,C and skip it for D,E,F.

The users will inherit the timezone from the group that is the 'main group membership' under the admin > users > main group membership field. I haven't played around enough with U6 just yet to be able to answer confidently that this means they inherit holidays and office hours as well as timezones. But it does mean you will have to pick a home group for the user that might conflict a little if they're in multiple groups with wildly different timezones, hours or holidays maybe.

this solution worked.
but when you do *72 to force in/out of office it does it for all groups.
is there a way to do *72 for particular group.

I don't think there is right now. Off the top of my head you may be able to work around it by configuring a group administrator role to change the routing for a group or use a dummy routing extension status' to change where calls are sent under certain criteria.

I agree, its a logical next step to allow force in/out of office per group given they're more independent now. It would just be a question of how? Some other systems will create new dial codes for each group/inbound route to allow you to tie that to a BLF for example.

Theres an open feature request in the ideas forum for night mode indication , looks like that was on the roadmap for adding into the apps at least (maybe not to third party handset BLFs).

Hopefully that feature when it emerges will be group compatible too.

Thanks MarkNAS

I don't think there is right now. Off the top of my head you may be able to work around it by configuring a group administrator role to change the routing for a group or use a dummy routing extension status' to change where calls are sent under certain criteria.

I agree, its a logical next step to allow force in/out of office per group given they're more independent now. It would just be a question of how? Some other systems will create new dial codes for each group/inbound route to allow you to tie that to a BLF for example.

Theres an open feature request in the ideas forum for night mode indication , looks like that was on the roadmap for adding into the apps at least (maybe not to third party handset BLFs).

Hopefully that feature when it emerges will be group compatible too.
Night mode/Override hours is available in the Webclient under the user's avatar menu.

Night mode/Override hours is available in the Webclient under the user's avatar menu.
Do you know if that is a global pbx override still or can it apply per-ext-group office hours in update6?

Per-group in U6.

I believe it uses the "main group membership" for a user (if they are in many groups.)

Reactions: MarkNAS
thank you. This can be marked as resolved.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.