• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Distinct Ring Tone Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Po3

Free User
Joined
Mar 6, 2019
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
So it was recently noticed by a few employee's after their phones (Yealink 42s and 48s) rebooted for updates that their ring tones changed. After doing some digging, I found that Distinct Ring Tones for was set in the Default Phone template to use the different ringtone Wav files based on the Alert-INfo Header when the call comes in. I made so such changes mainly bc I didnt even know it was possible this way so Im just trying figure out if this was a firmware update thing or how I can revert it back. I'm aware I could create a new template and reprovision the phones that way so Im just seeing If I missed something from an update I was not aware of was happening.

Thanks
 
Hi!

Recently there was a new firmware and template update the also includes the T4xS models. This could have "reverted" the settings to the default ringtones.

I am not sure which Alert-Info value you had changed, but "External" is hard-coded to "Ring2.wav".

The only ways to change this is:
  • Custom template as you said
  • Remove the provisioning link from the IP Phone UI, then make any changes you like via the phone UI.
We don't recommend either of the above as both will result in you not getting any new template updates, but those are your options that I can think of.
 
Thanks for the reply!

The thing is I didn't change anything on the Default template. When I check the Default Template for the T4xS models I see the below.

distinctive_ring_tones.alert_info.1.text = ivr
distinctive_ring_tones.alert_info.1.ringer = Resource:Ring7.wav
distinctive_ring_tones.alert_info.2.text = external
distinctive_ring_tones.alert_info.2.ringer = Resource:Ring2.wav
distinctive_ring_tones.alert_info.3.text = queue
distinctive_ring_tones.alert_info.3.ringer = Resource:Ring6.wav

I have no way to edit that file via the console so I dont know how it would have gotten changed otherwise.
 
The "ivr" and the "external" ringer were always these values, this hasn't changed in years.

The "queue" ringer can be customized though. If your extension is in a Queue you will get the option in the "Phone Provisioning" tab of the Extension Settings.

Also, don't forget that you can also chagne the default ringer (extension to extension calls) from there as well.

So the question is, which ringer have you noticed that changed? When an Extension calls you? When receiving an external call? When receiving a call via a Queue?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,961
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us