• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Door bell / Door phone and Garage door opening via 3CX

Status
Not open for further replies.

apitsos

SOHO User
Basic Certified
Joined
Mar 27, 2020
Messages
184
Reaction score
52
Hi there!

I would like to ask how could I implement a door bell and the opening of a door (a big sliding garage door, controlled via a motor) via 3CX system. I have seen here (https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/grandstream-gds37-series/) the Grandstream door phones, but these are only for the communication, right? Do they also have a relay?

Please tell me what are the options and solutions I could implement.

Thanks a lot in advance!
 
Hi @apitsos

Yes, the door phones also have a relays to open doors (via DTMF code).

You can look at the manual from Grandstream's website which should contain detailed installation instructions on how this can be done. Presumably you will also have an automated door that can be operated via a remote switch, the doorphone being the trigger in this case.
 
  • Like
Reactions: apitsos
Hi John!

Thanks a lot for the clarification! I always appreciate your support.


Regards,
Angelos Pitsos
 
  • Like
Reactions: JohnS_3CX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,959
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us