• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

early media with video support

Status
Not open for further replies.

rattler555

Silver Partner
Joined
Jan 12, 2021
Messages
48
Reaction score
10
Hello,

This is a continuation on video door phone to multiple device scenario. My last thread was locked and 3CX did NOT answer the question. Is early media with video supported by 3CX? This is a IETF standard, so I hope there is support. If so, this will allow the phones to see video - in the preview mode of 18x (183 early media). Thanks.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc3960
 
Hi @rattler555

Sorry if there was any misunderstanding in the previous post here but I thought that the answer was clear, especially since you linked an older conversation I had with other forum members where I made it clear that it will not work in Ring Groups.

"Is it possible to ring multiple panels at the same time? Should I be configuring differently?"

You asked about devices via a ring group, and the answer was indeed no, this is not supported. So if I understood the original question right, then it was indeed answered.

The early media is negotiated by the two endpoints themselves, but in a ring group with multiple endpoints this negotiation does not take place, this is why you noticed it not working.


Is early media with video supported by 3CX? This is a IETF standard, so I hope there is support.

Indeed this is a standard, but we do not test that specifically nor do we require it from the supported phone manufacturers. It is not supported at the moment at least, so I do not think you will be able to do it via 3CX.

I hope this answers your question, we will leave this open and in case you need any further clarifications I will be glad to help.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,965
Members
165,170
Latest member
SupportRock