• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Elderly/Visually impaired - Large button, simple IP phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

techcare

Silver Partner
Basic Certified
Joined
Oct 8, 2020
Messages
46
Reaction score
10
G'day guys,

I have a client - elderly high care facility - which run 3CX for their phone system.
They are looking to provide phones for the residents there.

But they need simple interfaces with LARGE buttons. Needs to be 3CX supported.

Similar to this:

SP-R15P.jpg


There was an old post which dealt with this, but I can't get to the attachments anymore - https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/phones-for-people-with-bad-vision.58087/

Thanks in advance,
Steve
 
Just use a big buttoned analogue phone with an ATA
 
  • Like
Reactions: JohnS_3CX
Yeah I did think of that. Not ideal however, puts more potential problems in the residents room. Although I could put them all in the server rack but that isn't ideal either.
 
You want 3CX supported then I suggest you look at this list https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/

Though, I dont think any of these will be for the visually impared.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ChrisC_3CX
@techcare
Though, I dont think any of these will be for the visually impared.
Though there are indeed no supported devices under this specific category, you might want to take a look at the list @kieferschild provided. Clicking on the provisioning guides you'll also see screenshots of most if not all devices so, at a glance, you might be able to determine if any of these might suit your needs.
 
Cisco talked about the 8800 series, and the visually impaired, a few years ago. Unfortunately they are not on the 3CX supported list.

https://blogs.cisco.com/collaboration/ip-phones-accessible-to-the-blind

I would suggest using a multi port ATA, in the telephone room, and analogue sets, that can be tailored to each users needs, (even allowing them to bring their own, familiar phone from home), might be the best way to go.
 
Yeah I did think of that. Not ideal however, puts more potential problems in the residents room. Although I could put them all in the server rack but that isn't ideal either.
When you say 'all of them' are you thinking of an individual ATA per resident? If so, that would not be the way to go. One of the larger units from Grandstream would do the trick and those are supposed to be in the server room:

https://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/grandstream-gxw-fxs/
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,965
Members
165,171
Latest member
Mahlon