• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

FREE edition extra gateways / trunks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok perfect. thanks for updating us.
Yes you are correct - an IP on it's own does not work in networking. The basic concept of networking is a socket which is an IP and a port. Everything works with ip and ports.
So to continue on what we were discussing earlier (when we were blaming 3CX and considering moving to another pbx), whatever other pbx you use, if it is network based, has to inherit the same networking concepts.

So here we fall back to the Supported and Not supported devices.
You can use a not supported device - but you are on your own to configure them. If you do not look at a configuration and you do not see that without a port this is not going to work, it means that you should check the manufacturer's manual or go for a supported device because thats the benefit of a supported device - it works out of the box because in this example, the port is handled in the template.

Reactions: JasonNadeau
i managed to setup the remaining hardware in 10 minutes after solving this issue mainly due to the great suppor tfrom grandstream team. they are very good, i was impressed.

i opened a new post about a new problem i am facing with outbound caller ID. when you have 2 isdn lines or different MSN (DID#) you cant make some extensions use that line and show it as caller ID. why ?

Gateways send calls out on specific lines (generally) in one of two ways, with the use of a prefix, or by port number (IP+port). You'd have to check the manual to see how your device handles it. With ISDN you will still probably be limited to displaying the number of the line the call goes out on.

It may involve creating a second trunk, which, in your case, would pose a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaayb512
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.