• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Grandstream GRP Essential support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max28

Bronze Partner
Advanced Certified
Joined
Aug 5, 2020
Messages
15
Reaction score
2
Hi 3cx support

In supported phone models I see the Grandstream GRP Mid-range series (2612-2613-2614-2615-2616) but I don't see the GRP essential series (2601-2602-2603-2604)

When the support for the GRP Essential series is expected?

Thank you
 
Probably a while. Grandstream are slow to test and fix issues, which they always have with new products.
 
What problems are you referring to?
In release 1.0.1.41 of 03/25/2021 Grandstream has added support for 3CX
 
What problems are you referring to?
In release 1.0.1.41 of 03/25/2021 Grandstream has added support for 3CX
Simply because the firmware supports it doesn't mean 3CX and Grandstream will be able to make them work instantly. There's more to interoperability than just "support for 3CX" in the release notes.

As for which problems, I invite you to search "grandstream" on this forum or visit the GS Forums itself. You'll understand. It's no hazard that GS is listed in "Compatible" and not "Preferred" or "Fully Supported".
 
I know that even if the phone manufacturer declares compatibility with 3CX, I have to wait for 3CX to add the template.
I was asking 3CX support when they are going to add the template.
As for the Grandstream issues I thank you for the advice.
I have never used their phones until now. Only FXS gateways and on these I had no particular problems.
 
I know that even if the phone manufacturer declares compatibility with 3CX, I have to wait for 3CX to add the template.
I was asking 3CX support when they are going to add the template.
As for the Grandstream issues I thank you for the advice.
I have never used their phones until now. Only FXS gateways and on these I had no particular problems.
No their FXS and even FXOs are pretty good.

Phones just have a tendency to have issues. Mostly the GRPs and GXP17xx tho. GXP21xx is rock-solid now (it wasn't always that way.)

My guess is 3CX is currently doing their final validation and the template will probably be included in V18 official release. It is not present in Alpha 3, I checked.
 
My guess is 3CX is currently doing their final validation and the template will probably be included in V18 official release. It is not present in Alpha 3, I checked.
They won't be in the initial V18 release, but who knows what the future may hold.... ;)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
They won't be in the initial V18 release, but who knows what the future may hold
These sentences leave me with great doubts.
I guess you can't say more

Thank you
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,961
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us