• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Grandstream HT-802 on Atypical LAN Segment Will Not Provision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infonetx

Bronze Partner
Joined
Dec 9, 2019
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
One of our installations is a local v18 on a 192.100.100.0/24 segment. We were trying to install a Grandstream HT802 adapter, but it will not register with the server due to it thinking that this is a WAN request based on the IP address. In the past, but with other some of our other installations... I have had to edit the nginx.conf file to include their LAN segment for auto provisioning to work. I did the same here, but to no avail. I also have the LAN segment whitelisted in the server. Are there any additional measure we can take to get this device set up short of converting their LAN segment.

The nginx.conf bit with the atypical LAN segment included looks like this.

geo $is_remote {
default 1;
192.100.100.0/24 0;
192.168.0.0/16 0;
172.16.0.0/12 0;
10.0.0.0/8 0;
127.0.0.1 0;
::0/0 0;
}

Let me know if there is any other helpful info that I can provide.
 
I would suggest not making changes to any of the settings in config files as this renders systems unsupported.

Rather in your case make sure the the internal lan ip addressing scheme follows the requirements within the rfc1918.

The address 192.100.x.x is a public address range and not an internal address range, so you’re not going to able to provision any local devices as a consequence.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JohnS_3CX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,961
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us