• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

GRP 2613 Ringing in background

Status
Not open for further replies.

greatchoice

Silver Partner
Basic Certified
Joined
Sep 21, 2020
Messages
265
Reaction score
13
My customer states that the phones sometimes have phantom ringing and when picked up randomly calls will have constant ringing in the backend but not on the call recording. So its local. Any insight will help. Will happen to multiple phones not just 1.

Current firmware is 1.0.5.33
 
Are these remote STUN phones?
 
  • 3CX Version, e.g. Professional1 6.0.8.9
  • Server OS, e.g. Debian
  • Is the 3CX Server Hosted and where? Cloud Provider
  • IP Phone Make/Model/Firmware GRP2613 and latest
  • Provisioning Method: Local / VPN / STUN / SBC SBC
  • Trunk Provider or Gateway Make/Model Intermedia
  • Has the Firewall Checker passed: YES
  • Are custom Phone Templates being used: NO

I have other models in a different location and they do take the changes. Same firmware. What is not changing is the external ringtone on the config. That is what is making the problm. It takes changes NOT for external calls
 
  • Like
Reactions: NickD_3CX
I have other models in a different location and they do take the changes. Same firmware. What is not changing is the external ringtone on the config. That is what is making the problm. It takes changes NOT for external calls

You have me a bit confused here

- First you said: "the phones sometimes have phantom ringing and when picked up randomly calls will have constant ringing in the backend"

- Then you said: I have other models in a different location and they do take the changes. Same firmware. What is not changing is the external ringtone on the config. That is what is making the problm. It takes changes NOT for external calls


These are two entirely different and unrelated stories: one about phantom ringing and one about selecting default ringtones.

So what is going on right now? Do you still face issues and if so let's look at them one by one
 
I actually have 2 posts going so I wrote in the wrong one BUT

You will pick up the call and the actual phone is still ringing very low in the background. Even when you lower the volume to mute, it still RINGS! I dont understand it. Its every phone
 
I understand. I tried this with some of the GRP series I have here, but in my case the phone does not do that.

Not sure exactly what is causing this in your case, but it is certainly strange behavior. I have to agree with @Frederick Marcoux that this should be reported to Grandstream directly.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
A "Wireshark" of messages to/from the set, would be interesting, and of help, if you do approach Grandstream.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,959
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us