• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

GRP2612Ps Won't stop ringing until all are rebooted

Status
Not open for further replies.

healthy

Silver Partner
Basic Certified
Joined
Oct 26, 2012
Messages
148
Reaction score
13
I'm having an issue where an office with Grandstream GRP2612Ps have been spotty. They sometimes don't behave as expected, and will also ring without stopping until the IP phones are rebooted.

We have had this issue over the past 7-8 weeks and have had to reboot the phones at least once a week.

Most phones are on firmware 1.0.5.93, but the last 3 we purchased are on 1.0.7.2 which says unsupported (they came with that firmware). Of the 12 phones, the ones on the later firmware are less of a problem, and the ringing issue predates them.

When the phones are ringing, we don't see any activity in the dashboard.

Any help is most appreciated
 
Hi,

1. Are these STUN phones?

2. What does it show on the screen during ringing?

3. What version is your PBX?

4. Are you using modified templates?
 
Hi JohnS
1. They are local LAN Provisioned, Server is STUN and Dynamic IP
2. I don't know exactly what hte screens are saying during this. We get calls reactively, will ask next time.
3. PBX is v.18.0 (Build 461)
4. No modified templates.

I'm being told that it looks like a call comes in and bounces around the system, but they cannot pick it up, and that appears to be what triggers this constant ringing.
Thanks,
Scott
 
Hi Scott,

If you login to the 3CX apps (Desktop / Mobile / Web) do they also get these calls?



I didn't understand what this means - STUN and LAN provisioned are to different things.
Kindly read the below article and provide us with detailed information so we can better understand how your system is deployed.

https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/information-to-provide-when-requesting-help.67558/
The Phones are LAN Provisioned, I don't have any users that use the mobile app, so I haven't been able to check that. I will make an extension with the mobile app setup, but it would necessarily be off the local LAN, not sure if that will be a worthwhile test.
 
Hi Scott,

The new firmware has been released, v1.0.7.33 which fixes a known issue where the ringer randomly stops working.

You can find the update in your management console.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,961
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us