"hello_world" template - Bug or Feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louis1976

Customer
Joined
May 28, 2019
Messages
20
Reaction score
3
Hi all,

When a last message is after 24 hours, the conversation is closed according to Whatsapp API.
But since the last update, there is a strange behaviour.
Can anyone test this?

Open a conversation in 3CX wait >24 hours.
Send a new message from 3CX.

The 3CX Desktop App will receive a failed and result in a X next to the message. (Instead of green V)
But after that, the customer will receive an "Hello World" message from the Whatsapp template library.

When I send a message to whatsapp and bypass 3CX this doesn't happen.

So is this a Feature from 3CX or a Bug?
Can we choose a template to send when a message cannot be send due to the policy of whatsapp?

Thanks!
 
Hello, Louis, thank you for this information.
We have to investigate this behaviour and we will come back soon with information.
 
Hi Louis,

The message will fail of course because the session is expired, but we were not able to able to reproduce this.

We did the test using this document in case you want to review it again:
https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/whatsapp/
 
Last edited:
In our system it happened exactly the same, when the 24 hours pass the customer always receives the message (hello world) when the customer responds to the message the system returns to send and receive messages again.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Louis1976
I'm glad I'm not the only one.
Dmitry already tested this and said that it was probably fixed in the newer version.
So I'm still waiting for that version.
 
Today I tested it again and it continues in the same way, after 24 hours the 3cx agent tries to answer a Whatsapp message and the customer on the cell phone receives the message (Hello World), but if he replies to this message the conversation starts in 3cx normally.
since this happens, is there any way to exchange this message for another one approved in META, I have approved 2 messages in my META but I can't get 3cx to send one of them for these cases.


This is the complete message from Hello World:
Welcome and congratulations!! This message demonstrates your ability to send a WhatsApp message notification from the Cloud API, hosted by Meta. Thank you for taking the time to test with us.
 
Without this feature it's a useless integration on 3CX. All competitors have it integrated. This feature is a must.

Example: all office that are closed on Saturday and/or Sunday can't answer with own template. The customer will get the message:

"This is the complete message from Hello World...."
 
I don't think it's 3cx sending this message. You have to answer within 24 hours as far as we know. We will research more but please provide further detail as well as location as it appears to make a difference.
 
We are in Brazil, this message "Hello World" is inside the META, I cried some approved in the META and I tried in several ways by the title or by the text itself to call the approved messages but it does not call at all, it always says "Hello World" when trying Reply to a message older than 24 hours
 
Same here, if agent respnde >24 hours, a meta template send to the clients phone,
 
Hi.

I have opened a ticket with 3cx and they tell me that they cannot replicate the problem and they don't give me any solution.

I really don't under stand, right now in my 3cx if i send a message from softphone the client receive the template.

Is really easy to reproduce:

- Client send a whataspp to DDI
- Agent respond and wait 24 hours (not close the conversation)
- After 24, agent send a message to client.
- In softhone, the meesage send appears as "canceled"
- Client receive the template

1689588139415.png

1689588168177.png
 
Very disturbing! Matter is still not resolved
 
Very disturbing! Matter is still not resolved

Yes, and best of all, they say they can't reproduce it and I have reproduced it in all the instances that I manage.
 
I changed my "hello world" template in Meta's Whatsapp manager to new text for my company. Now I'm waiting for approval.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Louis1976
The problem here, is that 3CX must deny or block the possibility to send message after 24hours, if 3cx allow this, whatsapp send the template automatically.

Please, 3cx developers, if the last message received by client is > 24 hours, block the send button on chat, it's easy.

@Nick Galea
 
@nicojmb2 It's not that easy. If Whatsapp should determine that the duration will be 12 hours, than 3cx has to change the code. Or add another variable in the settings, that's possible ofcourse.
But all of that is not relevant.

The response Whatsapp gives in the API call is : " "title":"Message failed to send because more than 24 hours have passed since the customer last replied to this number."
 
@nicojmb2 It's not that easy. If Whatsapp should determine that the duration will be 12 hours, than 3cx has to change the code. Or add another variable in the settings, that's possible ofcourse.
But all of that is not relevant.

The response Whatsapp gives in the API call is : " "title":"Message failed to send because more than 24 hours have passed since the customer last replied to this number."

Yes, it is relevant, if the whatsapp documentation says that you cannot send messages after 24 hours, you should not do it.
The problem here it's that you send the message, whatsapp response is "Message failed to send because more than 24 hours have passed since the customer last replied to this number" BUT to the final cliente send the "hello_world" template.
The best way is not to send the message, if need to add a extra variable in config to save "duration", It doesn't seem complicated either.
What cannot be is that messages from "hello_world" are arriving to my clients every time the agents send a message because 3cx lets them send it, even if it doesn't arrive.

I repeat myself, block the send button if the message is not going to arrive
 
I changed my hello_world (still waiting for approval) to:
Welcome to ......
How can we help you?

Please note that we can only reply to a previous chat with you for 24 hours. After that you have to reply to this message.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.