• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

[Help] - No incoming audio from local extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoanglong

Free User
Joined
Sep 14, 2017
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Hi guys,

After upgrading to v18, i have been facing a bit of a problem from my extension. I could not hear any incoming audio on my local extension. Incoming audio from Android client is working fine though. I have tested on different type of IP Phone but none of them seem to be working.

My current setup as stated below:

1. 3CX v18 on Raspberry Pi
2. Local IPPhones running the most up-to-date firmware (recommended by 3CX)
3. Local IP phones are Yealink t42s and t19p.
4. Firewall check all green (all necessary ports are opened and accessable from the internet)
5. SIP ALG disabled
6. Secure SIP disabled
7. PBX delivers Audio checked.
8. My current network diagram
Internet -> Edge Router -> (1) 3CX RaspberryPI; and (2) Unifi USG Firewall. And from Unifi USG -> Switch -> Local VoIP Phone (T42s and T19P)
9. IP Phone setup as Local Lan (in the office)
10. Tested SBC, Direct SIP and non seem to be working.
11. Trusted Certificate on IPPhone is disabled.

Could someone please help.

many thanks,

Long
 
As a test, I would try bypassing (removing) the (2) Unifi USG Firewall.
I'm not certain as to why you have a firewall between 3CX and the sets, and not on the other side of the Raspberry Pi.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JohnS_3CX
As a test, I would try bypassing (removing) the (2) Unifi USG Firewall.
I'm not certain as to why you have a firewall between 3CX and the sets, and not on the other side of the Raspberry Pi.
thanks for your rep. I would like to keep my local network separated with my Server network for further security. Everything was working perfectly before, only when i upgraded to v18 and it starts showing problems. I could give it a try if there is nothing I can do to fix it.
 
Hi Long,

I cannot say why it worked before, when it was already in an unsupported setup to begin with.. But I'm guessing your networking equipment was doing something to allow it. Did you have ALG on in the past?

If you plan on keeping it this way, you can expect to have issues, but this is one of the few cases where I would recommend to try and turn on SIP ALG on your USG as it might actually end up helping you, with some glitches here and there.

Otherwise if you want to avoid issues entirely, study our supported network config document, and pick a proper method that the system supports:
  • Simple network: VoIP and Data are transmitted within a single network.
  • Routed networks: VoIP and Data communication are transmitted on two networks (or V-LANs). A router takes care of routing packets between the two networks.
  • Segregated VoIP network: VoIP is transmitted on a separate network. Routing is done by having two network cards attached to server running 3CX Phone System.
  • Public network – NAT: A network in which network traffic is transmitted over the public network directly to another network.
  • Public network – VPN: A network that is connected via a LAN-2-LAN VPN to another network.
  • Multiple internet gateways: Scenario where VoIP traffic transmitted over a separate internet network.
You are using what appears to be Local Network - NAT which is not supported.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,965
Members
165,170
Latest member
SupportRock