• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Help with Polycom spip 331

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spottyjarl

Free User
Joined
Apr 24, 2021
Messages
46
Reaction score
6
I recently purchased a Polycom soundpoint ip 331 and I can't get it to boot
It trys to look for a config file on a boot server but I don't have a boot server setup
Does anyone know how to set one up?
I do have a solarwinds tftp server but not sure what to do

Help is appreciated
 
Last edited:
My 3cx install is hosted and I do not have windows server to configure option 66
 
I can't get into the phones interface because it won't boot
Also my hosted 3cx server is debian 9
 
Hi,

If you can able to ping the phone IP then you need to Enable the web server configuration in the phone Admin Settings. Please follow the procedure and let us know the status.
  1. Press the Menu/Home Key.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Select Advanced.
  4. Enter phone Admin Password. (456)
  5. Select Administration Settings.
  6. Select Web Server Configuration.
  7. Set Web Server to Enabled.
  8. Select Back then Save Config.
  9. After enabling web server configuration, refresh the browser.
Thanks,
RA.
 
I can't get into the menu because the phone won't boot
 
I have another one of these phones that I got working with my sbc so it is possible
 
You keep saying the phone won't boot. I take that to indicate that the set is faulty. If that is the case, then I'm not sure there is much you can do other than checking the power supply.
 
@Spottyjarl based on what you say, it is then quite apparent that you need to create an environment with DHCP option 66, at least so can configure then phone and get it on the correct firmware.

After that, you may get it to behave like the other one you have that you say is already working. Our guide below has everything you need linked: https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/polycom-soundpoint-450-550-560-650-670/
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,148
Messages
590,963
Members
165,168
Latest member
Stephan Eusebe