• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Solved Hotdesking invalid PIN code

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlantin

Customer
Joined
Jan 29, 2021
Messages
12
Reaction score
2
Hi there,

We've been using 3CX Pro cloud for a few months and everything is going fine so far.
I recently tried to use the hotdesking functionality, but I cannot make it to work with my Yealink T58 and T41s.

The setup is the following: 3CX Pro hosted, 2 RPi in a cluster acting as the SBC. All phones and SBC on a single VLAN.

I created a hotdesking extension and provisioned a phone with it (through PnP), that part is working fine.
I checked the option for my extension to be able to use the hotdesking feature.
When I call *77*EXT*, the message is asking me to input the voicemail PIN code followed by a #.
No matter what I do, after entering the PIN code, I always have a message saying that the PIN code is invalid.
I'm sure the PIN code is OK, as if I call the voicemail and enter the PIN code, it's working.
I tried modifying the PIN code and also with a completely new extension, it's still the same issue.

This is what I see in the log :

04/08/2021 10:06:09 - [CM102001]: Authentication failed for AuthFail Recv Req REGISTER from 127.0.0.1:5080 tid=657235717 [email protected]: REGISTER sip:127.0.0.1:5060;transport=UDP SIP/2.0 Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 127.0.0.1:5080;branch=z9hG4bK-524287-2---657235717;rport=5080 Via: SIP/2.0/UDP [::ffff:xx.xx.xx.xx]:58168;branch=z9hG4bK-524287-1---tunneltid;rport;tnlid=sbc.9d668260 Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 10.10.20.20:5060;branch=z9hG4bK657235717 Max-Forwards: 68 Record-Route: <sip:[email protected]:5080;user=proxy;uri=sbc.9d668260> Record-Route: <sip:[email protected]:5060;user=proxy;tnlid=sbc.9d668260> Contact: <sip:[email protected]:5060> To: "HD00001"<sip:[email protected]3cx.be:5060> From: "HD00001"<sip:[email protected]3cx.be:5060>;tag=657044002 Call-ID: [email protected] CSeq: 2 REGISTER Expires: 120 Allow: INVITE, INFO, PRACK, ACK, BYE, CANCEL, OPTIONS, NOTIFY, REGISTER, SUBSCRIBE, REFER, PUBLISH, UPDATE, MESSAGE Proxy-Authorization: Digest username="UKsp9awGFu",realm="3CXPhoneSystem",nonce="414d5359610a4a7128:c7ea1347cfceda0ef555c0507683d320",uri="sip:xx.my3cx.be:5060",response="e52affcdcc784546badd6222c8e851e2",algorithm=MD5 User-Agent: Yealink SIP-T41S 66.86.0.5 805ec0c08af1 Allow-Events: talk, hold, conference, refer, check-sync Mac: 80:5e:c0:c0:8a:f1 Content-Length: 0 ; Reason: Credentials don't match, check that authorization-ID and password match the ones in extension settings


Any idea ?


Many thanks,
 
Hi,

Try this on the T58 first as a test:

  1. Go to the Hotdesking page and edit the HD0000x extension for the T58
  2. Scroll down to the Codecs, and delete Opus
  3. Press ok to save
  4. Go to the Phones page and find the HD0000x extension for the T58
  5. Select it, and press reprovision - this will remove Opus from the phone now

Finally, try to log in again (make sure the voicemail pin is correct of course).

Let me know if it accepts the PIN now.
 
Hello,

Thanks, that's working fine now with the opus codec removed.
The only think I'm missing is the ability to set custom rings for the queues the same way I can do it for a phone registered to an extension. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks,
 
Hi,

Glad to hear :) and please note that the Opus issue has been corrected in V18, you can have the fix when you upgrade.

As for the queue ringtones, you cannot do it like phones that are provisioned directly to extensions.

Your current options are to choose one main ringtone for all the queues, and a general ringtone for everything else.
 
  • Like
Reactions: mlantin
OK, nice to know that the Opus issue will be fixed in the next release.

Thanks for your help.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JohnS_3CX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,959
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us