• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

How to change the provsioning template used by existing phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZidanSilverlane

Bronze Partner
Basic Certified
Joined
Mar 7, 2021
Messages
10
Reaction score
1
Hello

I am using the hosted version of 3CX and Grandstream GXP2170.
I want to enable local Call Features on the phone so that users may dia l*72 to set Unconditional Forwarding, but everytime the phone reboots this option gets overwritten and disabled..

How can I define a new phone template and deploy it using the 3CX server hosted by 3cx?
 
Hi


You need to edit the grandstream template with custom name in below location.

3CX management console-->setting-->Templates
 
That option does not appear for me under settings.
1615868751580.png
 
Hello

If you are using 3CX hosting service you may not get this feature.
 
Just don't do this. 3CX does not support endpoint forwarding. Use the statuses to create forwarding rules. There's a reason why it's disabled, it doesn't work and just causes calls to drop.
 
Just don't do this. 3CX does not support endpoint forwarding. Use the statuses to create forwarding rules. There's a reason why it's disabled, it doesn't work and just causes calls to drop.
Actually, you're quite incorrect in your statements.
It does work, and quite well. The problem is that the feature gets disabled. One should not speculate as to why it's disabled. Unless of course, you have evidence to support your statement.
Using statuses will not satisfy the requirements because the extensions to forward to can be any. I don't want to be going in to the Management Console everytime they wish to forward calls to a new extension which would be quite often.
 
You don't have to go to the management console, the user can change their own forwards from multiple locations

- Windows App
- iOS App
- Android App
- Webclient
- Management console (if they have the rights ie. supervisors can forward employee extensions if needed)

I have replied to your other post in more detail, hope this helps!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Actually, you're quite incorrect in your statements.
It does work, and quite well.
You were just lucky. It always causes issues with calls. So, yeah, if you use that, you won't be supported.

Also, as a trainee partner, please don't insult me by saying that I am wrong. I have been using 3CX for a long time...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,959
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us