• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

How to disable E911 on 3CX and will 911 work without internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

khoiusa

New User
Joined
Oct 11, 2021
Messages
43
Reaction score
2
Hello, I was wondering how to disable the E911 service on 3CX.

Also, I was wondering, I have the Yealink T31P IP Phone and if I dial 911 with it connected to my router but the router is not connected to the internet, will the call still register or will it fail to dial?
 
Hello, I was wondering how to disable the E911 service on 3CX.

Also, I was wondering, I have the Yealink T31P IP Phone and if I dial 911 with it connected to my router but the router is not connected to the internet, will the call still register or will it fail to dial?
911 on VoIP requires Internet. On 3CX, there's no "911 service". You configure your trunks or gateways to send the number, that's it. E911 features in 3CX are for routing and notifications.

To call 911, the best method is always your cellphone.

No, a SIP phone won't dial 911 without internet or even just without a SIP account.

What is your need? I don't think you need a phone system.
 
Hello, I was wondering how to disable the E911 service on 3CX.
Can you clarify what you mean exactly? There isn't anything that exists in the first place to be disabled (ie. there is no E911 on/off switch).

Also, I was wondering, I have the Yealink T31P IP Phone and if I dial 911 with it connected to my router but the router is not connected to the internet, will the call still register or will it fail to dial?
Do you mean similar to how a cell phone can call 911 even when there is not SIM card installed?

In this specific case it will fail entirely because it's an IP (internet protocol) phone and you have no internet.

The call will 100% fail.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,965
Members
165,170
Latest member
SupportRock