Hubspot Integration: Full Feature List and Known Issues

TechHelperX

Silver Partner
Advanced Certified
Joined
Mar 4, 2025
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi everyone,

I’m reaching out for some assistance from anyone with experience integrating 3CX and HubSpot. We’re considering proposing 3CX as a solution for a potential client, but before making any recommendations, I want to do thorough research.

The client currently uses a different provider and has been experiencing issues with their HubSpot integration. My main concerns are twofold:
  1. I haven’t seen a full list of the data that 3CX can send to HubSpot, and I want to understand this thoroughly.
  2. I’d also like to be aware of any known issues or potential roadblocks that could lead to frustration if they switch to 3CX.
If anyone has real-world experience with this integration, your insights would be incredibly valuable. I’d rather not recommend a solution unless I’m confident it will meet the client’s needs and avoid any frustration down the line.

Thanks in advance for your help!
 
This is what the integration does:
  • When the call starts (inbound / outbound), 3CX will search the contact in HubSpot by phone number. If found, the contact name will be shown to the agent in the 3CX Web Client, and the contact URL will be popped up in a new browser tab when the agent answers the call.
  • When the call ends, 3CX will log the call as a HubSpot activity under the contact.
  • The same happens for chats (SMS, Whatsapp, Livechat), where 3CX will do the contact lookup by phone number (SMS / Whatsapp) or Email (Livechat).
  • For chats, the conversation is logged under the contact as an activity.
  • When the contact is not found (calls or chats), you can create it from the 3CX Web Client, entering name, phone, email, etc. A new contact is created in HubSpot with the details you provide.
  • You can search CRM contact from the 3CX Web Client, by name, phone, email.

This only works for external calls (not for calls between extensions).
The contact lookup is performed under Contacts and Companies.
 
Thank you for those details. Customer currently are able to access call recordings logged in HubSpot. From the details you provided, I do not see that feature. Could you confirm if call recordings can be retrieved (whether URL link or directly uploaded) from the details logged in HubSpot?
 
I think it's been added not too long ago, but you better wait for someone who has tried this integration recently.

Maybe @ConceptsWeb can confirm this?
 
Thank you for those details. Customer currently are able to access call recordings logged in HubSpot. From the details you provided, I do not see that feature. Could you confirm if call recordings can be retrieved (whether URL link or directly uploaded) from the details logged in HubSpot?
3CX only supports sending a URL for the recording, which by default is valid for 90-days. In HubSpot, this shows as a "Download" link in the activity.

If you wish to have the recording available in HubSpot directly, DM us. We have a custom, more advanced, integration with 3CX.
 
@TechHelperX I definitely recommend you to try the integration developed by @ConceptsWeb, they are probably the most experienced 3CX partner in terms of CRM integrations.
 
Thank you for those details. Customer currently are able to access call recordings logged in HubSpot. From the details you provided, I do not see that feature. Could you confirm if call recordings can be retrieved (whether URL link or directly uploaded) from the details logged in HubSpot?
Yes, Recording also gets logged. If it's a new contact, from 3cx webclient soft phone, we get an option to add record to the CRM too.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2025-08-23 095422.png
    Screenshot 2025-08-23 095422.png
    52.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
3CX only supports sending a URL for the recording, which by default is valid for 90-days. In HubSpot, this shows as a "Download" link in the activity.

If you wish to have the recording available in HubSpot directly, DM us. We have a custom, more advanced, integration with 3CX.
Is there an option to push new contact information from the 3CX mobile app?
 
Is there an option to push new contact information from the 3CX mobile app?
Yes, during a call the "Add Contact" should appear on the active call screen in the app.
 
Yes, during a call the "Add Contact" should appear on the active call screen in the app.
Thank you, it worked. The number I used to test was in my phone book, therefore it didn't ask to 'add a contact.'
 

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,961
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us