HubSpot integration tried to make a small change on xml template cannot authorize anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandumit

Forum User
Joined
Mar 16, 2022
Messages
36
Reaction score
2
Hello All,

I have tried to make a small change to xml template - and reverted back to original config and now I am getting the message :

Couldn’t complete the connection​

The app developer doesn't have permissions to request the set of scopes. Please contact the app developer.

I have tried even to delete the private app from HubSpot and create it again.
Same result. I am really puzzled . I don't know what to try more.

Thank you,
Daniel
 
Are you using the default template? What version of 3CX are you using? What version of the template (you can see this in the first line of the XML)?

You need to ensure that the template requests the same permissions (scopes) than what you specify in your private app. If you follow the documentation to the letter, and you're using the latest template, that should work.
 
HEllo @edossantos . I am running latest version of 3CX. I have reverted to default version of template.
On my template I have changed only line 2 :
<Number Prefix="AsIs" MaxLength="9" />

Then I selected back first version of template . Now it's not working anymore . Practically I did nothing special ! just changed template 2 times and back .

What else should I check ? I am afraid that this is a bug....

Thank you,
Daniel
 
Please tell me exactly what 3CX version you're using (you can see this in the 3CX Console > Dashboard). And tell me the version of the template, which you will see in the first line, from the 3CX Console > Settings > CRM > Show Template button.
 
HEllo @edossantos . I am running latest version of 3CX. I have reverted to default version of template.
On my template I have changed only line 2 :
<Number Prefix="AsIs" MaxLength="9" />

Then I selected back first version of template . Now it's not working anymore . Practically I did nothing special ! just changed template 2 times and back .

What else should I check ? I am afraid that this is a bug....

Thank you,
Daniel
You didn't need to change the template for the MaxLength. That is taken from Advanced > Contacts > Options > Match.
 
  • Like
Reactions: edossantos
HEllo,
@edossantos :
1. I did nothing but error has changed
3CX version18.0 (Build 461)
Template
<Crm xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" Country="US" Name="HubSpot" Version="11" SupportsEmojis="true">
Now error is :
Now error is : "

Couldn’t complete the connection​

An error occurred while validating the app authorization."

@ConceptsWeb - you lead me until now with excellent answers.
I have explained that in HubSpot telephone numbers are stored without leading "0" and I need to send from CID as last 9 digits. Otherwise integration it's generating duplicate contacts one existing without leading 0 and one new with 0 prefix.
According with documentation for xml template that's what number length it's doing in relation with HubSpot integration.

Sad is that this integration has been working at beginning , I did not change big thing and now I am starting to get errors . What else to check ? Could it be a problem from HubSpot side as well ?

How could I investigate further ?

Thank you,
Daniel
 
Hello Daniel,

Thanks for reporting this. It seems HubSpot has made some changes on their side, and now the Authorization for Private Apps is not working properly. We submitted this thread in their forum, in case you want to keep an eye on that as well.

What I can tell you is that this works fine with public apps, instead of private apps. You can create a public app instead, and get it working. You will need to create a HubSpot developer account for that, which is free, and then create the app there. We will let you know when this is fixed on their side.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Just for your reference, HubSpot has confirmed that they will not support anymore using private apps as we were recommending, so you will need to create a public app with a HubSpot developer account. We will be updating the documentation shortly.
 
  • Like
Reactions: dandumit
I saw that. I have applied workaround provided.
Regarding private applications they have wrote that will accept authentication only with that key. Wouldn't be simplier like that ? You know better..
Thank you once again.
Daniel
 
Using the access token for the private app might work, but would break existing integrations. In order to keep backward compatibility for users already configuring this with OAuth2, we will keep using this approach.
 
  • Like
Reactions: dandumit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,961
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us