• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

I have a Cisco 7821 and the ringer alternates and rings "Sunrise" for internal calls and "Chirp 1" for external calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

khoiusa

New User
Joined
Oct 11, 2021
Messages
43
Reaction score
2
I have a Cisco 7821 and the ringer alternates and rings "Sunrise" for internal calls and "Chirp 1" for external calls, can someone tell me how to make it so 3CX doesn't ring alternate ringtones?
 
Have you tried changing the ringtones on the set itself, Settings>User Preferences>Rings, or is that overwritten when re-provisioned?
 
I did try that, this also happened on my Yealink Phone. It seems like 3CX is overriding the ringtone.
 
Last edited:
If you change it, and it works the way you want it until the set re-provisions, then(I assume) the change would have to be made in the template, or it will continue to happen, unless you change settings to prevent the set from being updated.
 
Well, is there any setting that allows me to do that in 3CX?
 
Hello,

For phones like Yealink at least, we do define a distinctive ringtone in the provisioning template.

The calls coming from "external" or from "ivr" have a hardcoded ringtone which you cannot change from 3CX.

You need to make a custom template in order to change that.

As for the Cisco, we do not support that model so I cannot comment on it.
 
Alright, also, after some tinkering around with the CIsco 7821 Web interface, settings, and power cycling the device a few times, I got it to work. I decided to provision the phone by entering the auth URL and auth password with proxy of the 3CX server address, however, I did not add the phone through the 3CX interface.
 
3CX will send the alert info of incoming calls to all phones in general (regardless whether you manually provisioned them or not).

I suspect that the phone may have had the ivr and external events defined with the two different ringtones you mentioned, so this is probably what made the difference.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,965
Members
165,171
Latest member
Mahlon