Is the registration of 10DLC taking forever because of Flowroute, or just in general?

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivalbloke

Customer
Joined
Nov 3, 2021
Messages
47
Reaction score
7
I was using voip.ms but switched to Flowroute because I wanted SMS functionality from within 3CX and could never get it to work with voip.ms. However, I'm unable to send SMS due to lack of 10DLC registration. I submitted the registration days ago and it's still not complete. Flowroute claims it's out of their hands and I was curious if you all believe that to be true or not?
 
Have you entered the DID number in E164 format? The 10-digit long code phone number here is not going to work anyhow, as numbers need to be entered in international format for SMS in 3cx (for example, +1234567890).

But if the provider is requiring to register your DIDs for the 10DLC then you will need to wait
 
Last edited:
I did the 10DLC registration on their page and filled in any boxes in accordance with the instructions. I just went back and checked the registration and it actually just asked for the customer contact number, not the DID's. I'm attaching a screenshot of the DID management screen on their portal. dids.png
When I email them, I get what appears to be a boiler-plate reponse:
email.png
That's why I was wondering if you all thought maybe Flowroute is just not a great SIP trunk to use or something. It's really difficult getting SMS from customers and not being able to reply.
 
10DLC can take months to go through
 
10DLC can take months to go through
WOW. So, if you were a telecom business, providing small local businesses with VOIP and they told you they wanted SMS capabilities with all their DID's, They're just up a creek for potentially months? It's interesting, Flowroute said that this was a mandate as of April 17th, no more SMS outbound would happen without 10DLC registration. So, is it safe to say that many countless thousands of numbers in the world were able to send SMS and now suddenly none of them can until the 10DLC registration is complete?

I'm sorry if I sound ignorant - perhaps I am. This just seems borderline inconceivable downtime for businesses. Is the 10DLC mandate only with certain SIP trunks? I just can't even wrap my head around this as it relates to downtime.
 
  • Like
Reactions: tonyinthebiz
I felt odd filling out the registration because it was asking for sample messages for my campaigns... I don't have a campaign. I just have two lines to my office and I advertise my customers can text me or call. So, many customers text me "Hey, do you sell used laptops" and I'll just reply to them. No short codes, no opt in or opt out - none of that. Just like a regular cell phone.
 
  • Like
Reactions: MayurPatel
@wade8421 you're not alone, from our experience there is no flexibility.

This has been handled very badly by Flowroute, we previously contacted them some time ago based on a post from the 3CX blog about 10DLC requirements and since all our systems are low volume, they said that we were exempt, even systems that we have for families for their homes to avoid using their cell phones.

Then the emails came a week or so before shutdown of outbound on 4/17, we went through the process to setup a campaign right away, no response until 4/17/2024 the day of their blockage, not much time to fix if something was askew and there were things we needed to address like statements and verbiage which all could have been avoided by better clarity to their vetting process.

For the family systems that are not business they want them to register for an ein from the government which is crazy as a tp id should be fine to validate the account since it's for personal communications. It works when you get a cell phone. We use it so that our home phone can get sms and not our cells as we like group sms through 3CX for things like package delivery.

We get that this may be driven by T-Moble as Flowroute has suggested but staff up and do not send out email stating that no one will be working on this over the weekend...

This problem required a ramp up in staff and 24/7 support till the issues are mitigated and clearer directions through the process.

We still have clients that have not had a response.

Other providers do not seem to have the same urgency which is odd.

We are all for kicking phone spam to the curb, but this was a bad way to achieve it.
 
We are dealing with the same issue, submitted a ticket the day after the cutoff, still no response on that ticket with flowroute.

First time we called Flowroute to ask about the ticket, then we were told it would be 5-7 days. Called back a week later since we didn't get any response and now they told us 2-3 weeks. Im considering maybe porting the phone numbers might be quicker, but even if they fix this issue I am going to switch everything to another provider. I was able to get SMS on 3CX working with Twilio for some other numbers so that can be an alternative.
 
  • Like
Reactions: MayurPatel
Campaign registration should not take months to complete, if your campaign submissions are filled out with good information we (Voxtelesys) see about a 5-7 day turnaround to be accepted. Note that we do a review of your submission before passing it along for final review, this helps reduce rejected submissions.

We get a lot of inquiries asking if a campaign is required and that it does not fit into what their business is doing. We currently do not require a campaign to send SMS messages, but we do highly recommend it to avoid surcharges for unregistered messages and to avoid filtered/queued/or blocked by mobile operators. Campaigns could be something that the mobile carriers push for in the future, forcing VoIP/SIP carriers to block unregistered messages. This has already happened for Toll Free numbers.
 
Wow, I just did a registration for flowroute and it was unbelivabily draconian. I did one with Voxtelesys and it was much more simplified and went through in a couple of days. If this is going to take months, I will port the account over to Voxtelesys!
 
Campaign registration should not take months to complete, if your campaign submissions are filled out with good information we (Voxtelesys) see about a 5-7 day turnaround to be accepted. Note that we do a review of your submission before passing it along for final review, this helps reduce rejected submissions.

We get a lot of inquiries asking if a campaign is required and that it does not fit into what their business is doing. We currently do not require a campaign to send SMS messages, but we do highly recommend it to avoid surcharges for unregistered messages and to avoid filtered/queued/or blocked by moWow, I just did a registration for flowroute and it was unbelivabily draconian. I did one with Voxtelesys and it was much more simplified and went through in a couple of days. If this is going to take months, I will port the account over to Voxtelesys!bile operators. Campaigns could be something that the mobile carriers push for in the future, forcing VoIP/SIP carriers to block unregistered messages. This has already happened for Toll Free numbers.

Campaign registration should not take months to complete, if your campaign submissions are filled out with good information we (Voxtelesys) see about a 5-7 day turnaround to be accepted. Note that we do a review of your submission before passing it along for final review, this helps reduce rejected submissions.

We get a lot of inquiries asking if a campaign is required and that it does not fit into what their business is doing. We currently do not require a campaign to send SMS messages, but we do highly recommend it to avoid surcharges for unregistered messages and to avoid filtered/queued/or blocked by mobile operators. Campaigns could be something that the mobile carriers push for in the future, forcing VoIP/SIP carriers to block unregistered messages. This has already happened for Toll Free numbers.
Wow, I just did a registration for flowroute and it was unbelivabily draconian. I did one with Voxtelesys and it was much more simplified and went through in a couple of days. If this is going to take months, I will port the account over to Voxtelesys!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Kevin@voxtelesys
Wow, I just did a registration for flowroute and it was unbelivabily draconian. I did one with Voxtelesys and it was much more simplified and went through in a couple of days. If this is going to take months, I will port the account over to Voxtelesys!
Want to DM me your account number so I can check your submission status?
 
  • Like
Reactions: tonyinthebiz
Want to DM me your account number so I can check your submission status?
Thanks Kevin, but that registration already went through. I just setup my voxtelesys agent account with voxtelsys and will be porting my flowroute cust0mers over. I did two of them today.
 
Thanks Kevin, but that registration already went through. I just setup my voxtelesys agent account with voxtelsys and will be porting my flowroute cust0mers over. I did two of them today.
no one from Flowroute is watching this? they are "Supported Provider".. if @voxtelesys is monitoring community,, surly Flowroute has someone monitor too?
I have 4 accounts with 10DLC form submitted over 2 weeks and no response! I am also searching for alternatives to this madness!
 
  • Like
Reactions: tonyinthebiz
Want to DM me your account number so I can check your submission status?
We have a client that's in the same boat. We submitted our 10DLC registration 2 weeks ago and still no ETA..

I'm tempted to port their SMS numbers away from Flowroute and into Voxtelsys. Can you tell me how long 10DLC registration takes on your platform?
 
Michael, I did my first one with voxtelesys and it was about a day a half. Also, it's not required by them as of now so texting will work immediately while you are waiting for the registration to get done.
 
We have a client that's in the same boat. We submitted our 10DLC registration 2 weeks ago and still no ETA..

I'm tempted to port their SMS numbers away from Flowroute and into Voxtelsys. Can you tell me how long 10DLC registration takes on your platform?
saw invite from Flowroute webinar tomorrow! 10DLC Registration Training.. will know more from webinar tomorrow to stay or look for alternate!
 
We have a client that's in the same boat. We submitted our 10DLC registration 2 weeks ago and still no ETA..

I'm tempted to port their SMS numbers away from Flowroute and into Voxtelsys. Can you tell me how long 10DLC registration takes on your platform?
Michael, I did my first one with voxtelesys and it was about a day a half. Also, it's not required by them as of now so texting will work immediately while you are waiting for the registration to get done.
 
We have a client that's in the same boat. We submitted our 10DLC registration 2 weeks ago and still no ETA..

I'm tempted to port their SMS numbers away from Flowroute and into Voxtelsys. Can you tell me how long 10DLC registration takes on your platform?
Brand verification is instant (30 seconds), then after you submit the campaign we review it (typically the same day) and make recommendations if necessary. Once it looks good we submit the request for further vetting, this process takes about 5-7 days to get a response, the better your campaign submission the quicker the turnaround and more likely it will be accepted.

Also as mentioned before messaging is currently not restricted while the campaign is pending.
 
Brand verification is instant (30 seconds), then after you submit the campaign we review it (typically the same day) and make recommendations if necessary. Once it looks good we submit the request for further vetting, this process takes about 5-7 days to get a response, the better your campaign submission the quicker the turnaround and more likely it will be accepted.

Also as mentioned before messaging is currently not restricted while the campaign is pending.
Well, in the last 5 days, I have 5 of my customers porting to Voxtelesys. So far so good!! Make sure you put Flowroute on your Christmas card list!!! Maybe even send them a box of chocolates as they are being a very good business for you lol!
 
  • Like
Reactions: MayurPatel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,141
Messages
590,936
Members
165,158
Latest member
ascheney74