• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Issue with poor quality on WH63

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alphabetic

3CX MVP
Silver Partner
Advanced Certified
Joined
Jul 1, 2016
Messages
6,619
Reaction score
2,633
Good afternoon,

following the success of a WH62 headset in our office (on a T42S) we decided to buy a WH63 connected to a T54W but we're having poor call quality with it.

From Windows i've "listen to this device" on the microphone and the sound works perfect.

I've tried the 3CX Desktop app and webclient using the echo test and internal calls and it's poor.

*777 via softphone has no tinny sound but mic cuts out
*777 via phone headset has tinny sound but mic doesnt cut out
*777 via web client no tinny sound but mic cuts out

When Im on a call I can hear fine but my mic is poor via 3CX.

I can record and playback in Audacity with no problem.

I plan on rebooting 3CX and the SBC tonight as we've been having a few other little issues too.

Has anyone else had trouble with this?

Hosted
18.0 Update 2 Build 314
FW test pass
All supported configs/templates/firmwares
 
When connected to a T42S it will be affected by whateverer codec the Yealink uses, and whatever audio processing the Yealink uses.

On PC there is no processing, and the clients may or may not use a different codec. I think this is enough to make the difference but I'm not sure how you could improve it on the Yealink.
 
Rebooted the SBC and phone system and the problem still exists..

is this a Yealink issue or a 3CX issue?
 
When connected to a T42S it will be affected by whateverer codec the Yealink uses, and whatever audio processing the Yealink uses.

On PC there is no processing, and the clients may or may not use a different codec. I think this is enough to make the difference but I'm not sure how you could improve it on the Yealink.
But surely the WH62 will use the same codecs and this is fine on my phone
 
Like I mentioned before, the phone DSP will likely do some processing (it is a custom embedded device after all). I'm afraid I cannot answer this question though, you might have to hit up Yealink with your question.
 
Tried with the T54 and T42 and have the same problem, Works fine from the softphone. Do I need to ask Yealink?
 
Yes please ask Yealink, we have no idea what happens on the hardware and we do not control that part at all.
 
Just to add something here, also check the IP Phone AND Headset are on the latest firmware version.
Especially the headset, as it is a fairly new product, there a firmware updates being released quite frequently.
 
Just an FYI that the status from Yealink on this ticket is "Confirmed and fixing"
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,965
Members
165,170
Latest member
SupportRock