Live Chat - Call Functionality

Status
Not open for further replies.

reecemondo

Joined
Dec 23, 2020
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello, Apologies if this is not the place to post this! I am new to 3CX and currently have a instance which i am playing around with to see if this could be used in a hotel environment. I have been looking for a solution that will allow guests to initiate a call to reception by using their own mobile devices rather than in room phones. I have done a bit of research and i see that the live chat feature in 3CX allows the escalation from a live chat session to an actual phone call using solely the web browser. (COOL! :) ) I have tested this and it works OK. (a little hit and miss depending on what browser is used).

My main question is if there a way to initialise the phone call straight away after pressing a button hosted on a webpage that can call the reception group without initialising the live chat window. IE: a Phone Only option rather then a "Phone and Chat only" option or "Video, Phone and Chat" options. If not, i am just wondering if anyone else may know of a way to achieve this with 3CX if not possible? I know i am probably asking a lot but i could see the possibility of reducing our phone costs further.

Thank you!

Reece
 
Hi Reece!

Sure there is!
First as I am sure you have figured out you need to configure the Live Chat Plugin as per this guide:
https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/live-chat/

After that, if you check your WordPress settings for the Plugin, you shall see this:
1610016956692.png

You can select the "Phone Only" option.
After this a bubble will appear on your website like this, that when you press, it will immediately call the extension for which you have used the "callus" link for:
1610017044345.png
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,148
Messages
590,963
Members
165,168
Latest member
Stephan Eusebe