Live Chat Disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonD

Customer
Joined
Jan 20, 2022
Messages
28
Reaction score
1
We have implemented the live chat on our website, however, you can't click on the icon to start a live chat and we are unsure of why. We have followed the implementation guide step by step and the icon appears but is grayed out.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Jason
 
Hi @JasonD,

How did you set this up? Are you using 3CX Live Chat or the Standalone version?

I'm assuming 3CX Live Chat here, if this is correct then I assume that you have followed the guides and you've got an extension logged in to a client which can receive chats?
 
I'm using the integrated chat into a PHP website. The code is in place and the chat icon shows up, but it is always disabled.

When you say have an extension logged in to a client which can receive chats, you mean logged into the queue associated with the chat? If so, yes I do.

Thanks,

Jason
 
Great, that's not a problem.

Is the extension logged in at the time?

Does the PBX / Live Chat have hours configured? If yes, remove the hours to check that it works without them.
 
There are 4 extensions assigned to the queue associated with the chat and all 4 extensions are logged in. How do I check if the chat has hours of operation associated?
 
Hi @JasonD,

Have you tried to connect to your site using an external connection? Try use your phone on 3G etc (not WiFi) to connect to your site and see if the bubble work.
 
Same problem when connective via 5G on my mobile, the chat icon appears but is disabled.
 
Can you PM me (don't post here) your HTML code that you generated? I'll have a look at it and compare to a working sample.

Also include your Website URL please.
 
I am also having this same issue with my site. I have tried this on multiple sites to make sure, but it is still greyed out for me!
 
Hi @aden1796,

I'll need a bit more detail. Are you also using the HTML code generator to set up your Live Chat? If so, did you ensure that an agent is logged in to the queue / an extension is registered so that the chats can be received?
 
Hi @aden1796,

I'll need a bit more detail. Are you also using the HTML code generator to set up your Live Chat? If so, did you ensure that an agent is logged in to the queue / an extension is registered so that the chats can be received?
Yes, I am using the HTML code generator. I also have someone logged in to the queue at the same time.
 
Hi @aden1796,

Can you PM me the link to your website where the chat should appear?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,965
Members
165,171
Latest member
Mahlon