Solved Live Chat history and other issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeighH

Gold Partner
Advanced Certified
Joined
Feb 9, 2022
Messages
7
Reaction score
2
Hello,

I'm wanting to move our Wordpress website over to 3CX Live chat (3cx chat server) but I am having issues with the following:

1. If a chat is "Taken" no one can see that chat besides the agent. A possible workaround was for chats NOT to be taken, but only people who were logged in at the time the chat came in can ever see the chat and it removes the personable nature of the chat as it never shows your agent name while chatting, just the default Sales or Support.

Perhaps if the "Archive" feature archives the chat to the queue so all agents can see the history. Especially handy with problematic/repeat customers.

2. If someone signs in while there is a current unassigned chat, they do not see it. Only agents who were logged in at the time the chat came in see it. Bug?

3. Managers of the Live Chat Queue can not see history either only in-progress chats. My managers want to be able to see all historical live chats and how they were responded the following day.

4. If someone exits the client without signing out of the queue and they are the only person left in the queue no one else will ever see the live chats as they would have all filtered to this unregistered person remaining in the queue. This is a pretty major oversight. Why doesn't a "Not registered" person get pushed out of the queue? If my earlier suggestions of the history showing for all agents was in place this wouldn't be a problem.

Any thoughts on the above?
 
Last edited:
Hi @LeighH,

1. You're correct in your assessment of the way the Live Chat works. Once an agent 'takes' the chat, it is only visible to the agent that took it and the queue manager so what you may want to add a queue manager to monitor all of the chats.

as it never shows your agent name while chatting, just the default Sales or Support.
Not sure what you mean by this - when the chat is taken, the extension's name is visible:

1644481946717.png

2. Yes, this is how it was intended to work at the time. When you are logged out from a queue, you shouldn't receive messages as you are logged out. In a future release we will be changing the functionality to mimic that of the internal chat feature, so you'll have access to the messages even when logged out.

3. Your manager should be able to review ALL chats that have been marked 'Dealt With' by the agents by checking the Archive section of the Chat:

1644482499020.png

4. I would disagree here, because your logging in and out of the queue is independent from your status and registration. You can select the extension not to log out of the queue when Away for example, meaning the extension doesn't want to take calls but is available for chats. They're not mutually exclusive things. I know that if the agent closes the client and doesn't log off over night, they'll get all of the chats and that can be a real inconvenience, in that case the Queue manager can 'take' the chats then 'transfer' them to the agents to follow up.

Agents can also install the mobile client so they can log out from the queues on the move, for example if they're home and they remember due to receiving chats, they can log off remotely.
 
Thanks for your reply and clearing up some of the concerns.

1. The comment about the name not appearing was only when the chat was not taken by anyone so everyone could see the history. Since this is only relevant to people who are logged in we may as well just take chats and the staff member is responsible for the history. Its too bad other staff cannot see the history when they start a chat with the same customer on another day.

2. Once the option of everyone seeing past chats is implemented #1 wont be a problem.

3. I tried this and it doesn't work. The manager can only see chats that have been marked as 'Dealt with' if he was logged into the queue and available at the time the chat came through.

4. The issue is I cannot rely on staff doing the right thing and signing out each day. I need a way to circumvent human error.

In the meantime I'm looking into pulling historical data from the chat database tables linking them via the FKID and will script something to push that data into our ticketing system for historical reasons until you can introduce feature #2.

Thanks again
 
Hi @LeighH,

I'd like to apologise about point 3! It was clearly before my first coffee and I think I may have been looking at the archive of the user themselves. It appears that once 'dealt-with', only the user themselves has access to it.

I understand your concerns regarding human error (as clearly shown above hehe), however for now I don't have a solution beyond the solution offered yesterday of a redundant way to log out. Managers can also log the agents out on their behalf before they leave, but that is also subject to the occasional human error.
 
No worries, thanks for your help.

I guess the Key points are to educate managers of the critical nature of staff applying their statuses correctly and continue to work on alternate ways to gather the data and present it in a suitable way historically for critical customer communication/service quality.

Thanks,
Leigh
 
  • Like
Reactions: VasilisV_3CX
I agree with your reply here. I know that I've learned to change my status / login before going home and it becomes second nature after a while. Feel free to open a new thread if you require anything at all!
 
  • Like
Reactions: LeighH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,959
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us