Live Chat menu missing after 9.0.3 update; chat window freezing for user

Status
Not open for further replies.

cynthia.duncalfe@onlinesc

Forum User
Joined
Jul 17, 2020
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
I just updated to version 9.0.3, and the Live Chat Menu is missing, which renders the plugin unusable. Additionally, on the front end, users are able to enter their name and email, but when they submit that, the Live Chat window freezes and they are unable to enter their question.

Any help on this would be appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot of frozen chat box .jpg
    Screenshot of frozen chat box .jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot of missing menu.jpg
    Screenshot of missing menu.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 4
Hi Cynthia,

Thanks for the feedback. I've replied to you on the WP forums as well.
The new 9.0.4 version should resolve these issues.

Please let us know if there's any further issues.
 
Thank you so much. I deleted the old plugin and reinstalled the new 9.0.5 version, but as you can see from the attached screenshots, the Live Chat page does not provide a toggle to set my status to online, and the dashboard does not give the selection of 8 blue buttons to select.

Thanks again for your help, and I look forward to hearing from you.
 

Attachments

  • screenshot of dashboard.jpg
    screenshot of dashboard.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 6
  • screenshot of Live Chat page.jpg
    screenshot of Live Chat page.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 6
That's really strange, we haven't seen that before. The online/offline toggle is supposed to be near the top middle. I think one of your other plugins might be overlapping on top of it.

Could you please give us a list of plugins that are active on your website? We'd like to install them ourselves and see if we can produce the same problem.
 
This is the error message I am receiving,


Error Details
=============
An error of type E_COMPILE_ERROR was caused in line 63 of the file /srv/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/wp-live-chat-support/wp-live-chat-support.php. Error message: require_once(): Failed opening required '/srv/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/wp-live-chat-support/includes/wplc_loader.php' (include_path='/:.')
Here are the plugins I have activated:

Akismet Anti-Spam
Contact Form 7
Enable Media Replace
Fusion Builder
Fusion Core
Jetpack by WordPress.com
Slider Revolution
The Events Calendar
WooCommerce
Woorise

Thanks again for your help.
 
I've tried almost all the plugins above with the exception of Fusion Builder, Fusion Core and Woorise as they are hard to get. None of those plugins seem to be causing problems.

Regardless, we're fixing this within the next week by moving the Online/Offline button elsewhere. Please bear with us for a while as we do this.
 
Would it be possible to have limited access to your wordpress installation as an agent? This would be temporary and would allow us to understand and fix some of these issues much faster.

If you agree, let me know and we can arrange via mail, otherwise we'll try and make due with the information we have.

Thank you.
 
Yes, this would be great; thank you!
 
Hi,
we replicated an issue very similar to your issue and we have released version 9.0.14 of the plugin with a fix.
Please update to the latest version and let us know if your problem has been solved.
 
I have updated to the newest version, and I am still not getting the blue buttons on the dashboard. I also do not have the toggle feature to set my online status to on and off.

I would be happy to set up a temporary admin for you - what email address should I use?

1596644829278.png
 
Hi,
we replicated an issue very similar to your issue and we have released version 9.0.14 of the plugin with a fix.
Please update to the latest version and let us know if your problem has been solved.

Yes, I have done this, but still no resolution. I would be happy to set you up in an admin role so that you can take a look at the problem. Which email address should I use?
 
I am also having an issue with not being able to set up one of our users as an agent. This user (with an administrator role) simply does not come up as an option in the dropdown list of users to select from.
 
Unfortunately, the plugin updates have not corrected the issue.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,961
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us