LiveChat not applying office hours rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

David_K

Bronze Partner
Basic Certified
Joined
Apr 3, 2019
Messages
198
Reaction score
27
Hello

We started to receive phone calls outside of our business hours so I went onto our pbx to understand why.

Faulty is a live chat/call button on one of our website, and when visitors click "Call" it calls a ring group, but doing so it does not apply our office hours rules.

Is it possible to make it work so that we do not accept calls outside of our business hours?

Thanks !
 
I seem to have the same issue.
 
Regarding your questions, the live chat does not adhere to office hours but to the statuses of a queue or available extension.

For example, if the live chat is directed to an unattended queue, with no extensions logged in, the live chat will display the away message to the webpage visitor.

The same goes for the extension. The away message will be displayed if the live chat is directed to an extension set to an away or DND status.

The feature for the live chat to adhere to the office hours, I believe, is coming with the next update, U8, currently released as a Beta version for testing purposes.
 
Thanks for the update
 
Regarding your questions, the live chat does not adhere to office hours but to the statuses of a queue or available extension.

For example, if the live chat is directed to an unattended queue, with no extensions logged in, the live chat will display the away message to the webpage visitor.

The same goes for the extension. The away message will be displayed if the live chat is directed to an extension set to an away or DND status.

The feature for the live chat to adhere to the office hours, I believe, is coming with the next update, U8, currently released as a Beta version for testing purposes.
Thanks @Charles_3CX

I'll try with a Queue, because I had a ring group, and you can't have any rules on those.
But we never use Queues, and I'm not sure what happens on my iPhone for instance. When outside of office hours, will it log out automatically from the queue then log in again next day?

But best would be indeed to have an Office Hours option for Live Chat.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,959
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us