manual backup via command line

Status
Not open for further replies.

gopher_49

Joined
Aug 19, 2011
Messages
105
Reaction score
0
How do I performance a backup from the command line? I'm having possible disk corruption on my Elastix server. I have a full VMWare image backup and recent enough application level backups done via the web interface. I would like to possibly make a more current backup via the command line for I can't get in the HTTPS interface right now. How is this accomplished?
 
When you set the automatic backup via the web gui it creates a cron job. When set for a daily backup, this job runs at 11:59pm each day. The command it runs is

/usr/bin/php -q /var/www/backup/automatic_backup.php daily

which can also be run manually from the command line. That might be what you're looking for, though it may not backup every item you expect so watch the output as the command runs.

Jason
 
thanks so much! I ended up running a disk repair on my disk and everything is good now..But.. I'll save this command in my notes for it could be handy in the future.

Thanks.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,965
Members
165,171
Latest member
Mahlon