• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Multicast Paging issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KyleKSIP

Gold Partner
Joined
Feb 26, 2020
Messages
39
Reaction score
13
I am running 3CX V18 and Yealink T4 series phones. When I configure a multicast paging group, it works, but when I place a page from my phone the Multicast page starts, and then it is like the multicast page (initiated from my phone) interrupts my page and puts the original "page" on hold and now everyone is getting hold music. I have tested this on 3 separate systems and issue is repeatable.

If I hang up the "interrupting page" the original page I started is there and I can take it off hold and hear what I say playing throughout the office.
 
Does this link help at all?
https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/multicast-paging-yealink-templates.73813/

I don't have yealink but had the same issue with Fanvil and needed to create a custom template to alter the multicast paging priority so it didn't barge in on the person placing the page itself or others already on a call. Its a location that allows all extensions to place a page, "call for X on park 1" type stuff.
 
Hi @Kerby

This is the expected behavior at the moment.

The current solution is to not have your extension be part of the paging group, or to make the call from a 3CX client instead of a deskphone in order to avoid this.

I would also suggest voting on the above shared link by @MarkNAS
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,965
Members
165,170
Latest member
SupportRock