• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Multiple Extensions to SIP Paging Adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

0xDECAFBAD

Premier Customer
Joined
Aug 6, 2020
Messages
25
Reaction score
10
Can anyone give me a quick overview on how to accomplish assigning multiple extensions to one device? I know it isn't supported but it sounds like there is a way to do it. I can't find much in the way of information on how to accomplish it. I don't need to be able to assign multiple extensions using auto-provisioning. I only want this functionality on one device. I'm using an Algo 8301 Paging Adapter and there is an option to assign different extensions to different paging zones. That would allow us to dial a paging zone via an extension that we can assign to a button on the desk phones. Otherwise you have to dial the paging extension, wait for the paging adapter to open a connection to the paging controller, then dial the zone number, then make your announcement. The Algo paging adapter has the ability to automatically dial the zone number and tie that to separate extensions for each zone. The other use for this would the emergency broadcast function where you can dial an extension and it will play a prerecorded message.

I also don't understand why the CyberData SIP Paging adapter is supported but not the Algo. The Algo is a superior product. I sent my CyberData SIP Server back for a refund and purchased the Algo instead.
 
Last edited:
Hi,
usually it is enough to create one or more extensions and register them MANUALLY on the device. It generally works. Although it depends on the device, I am not familiar with the Algo 830.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,961
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us