Office 365 Integration - Error: No more elements to add

Status
Not open for further replies.

slickw

Customer
Joined
Jan 29, 2020
Messages
3
Reaction score
2
I am currently testing 3CX using the trial license (Professional Annual Version 16.0.493) and am running into an issue with the O365 sync.
I'm not sure if I am running into a limitation in the trail license or if I have something setup wrong.

I have followed the setup instructions and the settings page shows: "Status OK. Real Time Notifications to Office 365 and back are working. This means that changes from Office 365 to 3CX will be updated."

However when I go to User Sync, select "Sync these Users" and click "+ Add Users" I receive this error: "No more elements to add"

What am I missing?

--
Additional information.
  • The 3CX install is running on Debian 9
  • The user accounts we want to sync are all on supported subscriptions (E3 & E1)
  • I have verified that the accounts we want to sync have the "UserType" attribute value set to "Member"
 
  • Like
Reactions: 78wesley
Actually there is a bug in case that you choose to sync only "Contacts" or "Calendars". The sync is checking if the group "Azure AD" exists. Just please make sure that you create it and leave it empty.

Please open the logs for the "No more elements to add" in order to see what is the problem after you set the Activity to "Verbose"

Okay, added the Azure AD group, we do see the Status OK. Real Time Notifications to Office 365 and back are working. This means that changes from Office 365 to 3CX will be updated. but still get the "No more elements to add" error. Nothing to see in the log. And all we are doing is checking the activity log, correct? (verbose is on) We are running the 16.0.5.389 Beta release
 
I've found a fix for the problem, you need to give all the permission it needs.
1582886010656.png
 
Hello @technigogo ,

Did you try to search for your account in the window of the user picker?

The listing retrieves all the users from the Office 365 tenant. The only way of not showing your account is to have it already selected.

The picker has nothing to do with the "Azure AD" group.
 
I too am having the same issue. Is there a minimum office 365 licence? we have Exchange Online plan 1 /Business Premium.

Confirmed Certificate is uploaded. Created Group in both AD and in 3cx management portal
 
Thanks for responding. That document was followed to the lettter.
but it does not state clearly what licences it requires IF that is the issue.

all that it says is "
  • Office 365 Plans that do not have user management, i.e. home plans. -- it is not a home plan
  • Plans that do not include Exchange cannot be used for Contact and Calendar Sync, i.e. Office 365 Business and Office 365 Pro Plus. -- it is not one of these
 
I also have this exact issue, "No more elements to add "
My certificate is loaded properly, permissions added as described with admin permission approving those permissions.
I can authorise using the login at Office365 button and get brought back to the Integration for O365 screen.
I also get the "Status OK. Real Time Notifications to Office 365 and back are working. This means that changes from Office 365 to 3CX will be updated." message.

Any other suggestions?
 
Hello @BodgeIT ,
It is important to verify the Application ID that is the correct one and that contains the URL copied from PBX.
If those are verified then please check also the system service log file.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Also make sure to re-save the PEM correctly. I had this issue recently and I had to recreate the key file and then it worked. The Notifications OK message appeared anyway even if nothing really worked.
 
Also make sure to re-save the PEM correctly. I had this issue recently and I had to recreate the key file and then it worked. The Notifications OK message appeared anyway even if nothing really worked.
I did just go through the whole process again and still get the same outcome.
 
Hello @BodgeIT ,
It is important to verify the Application ID that is the correct one and that contains the URL copied from PBX.
If those are verified then please check also the system service log file.
Checked app id and is def the correct one. Also killed old cert and recreated and still get same issue.

I do get an interrupted issue in the application's connection log.
Image-202004-003.jpg
This offers the following details:
Status
Interrupted
Sign-in error code
65001
Failure reason
Application X doesn't have permission to access application Y or the permission has been revoked. Or The user or administrator has not consented to use the application with ID X. Send an interactive authorization request for this user and resource. Or The user or administrator has not consented to use the application with ID X. Send an authorization request to your tenant admin to act on behalf of the App : Y for Resource : Z.

Just in case you're wondering:
Image-202004-004.jpg
 
Also make sure to re-save the PEM correctly. I had this issue recently and I had to recreate the key file and then it worked. The Notifications OK message appeared anyway even if nothing really worked.
How would I save it incorrectly?
 
When you log into your O365 via 3CX to allow the app, try to check "consent on behalf of my organization" and try again.
 
When you log into your O365 via 3CX to allow the app, try to check "consent on behalf of my organization" and try again.
OK, I took the time to delete the old app registration and re-do a new one, with a new certificate etc...
Same result.
 
@BodgeIT ,

Please check your logs in the 3CX Phone System Server at the following file, after you navigate on Office 365 Integration Settings page and press OK button on top.

C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Logs\3cxSystemService.log
 
for me, i had to have the azure ad group created in 3cx, deleted the app and recreated it with the certificate etc, THEN it sync'd the accounts.

2 things, 1 you can't seem to have 3cx read a field to pick the ext number, so unless you want ext 001,002, create your accounts first, and 2 make sure all fields match especially the case of the users emails.

for example i had ext 201, John Smith, [email protected] as my 3cx account, then it sync'd from o365
ext 001 John Smith [email protected] as the 365 account had a capital in the email address.
 
Hello @tbovingdon ,

Email format casing is something that we are aware of and it will be solved with Update 6.

Now in regards to choosing the extension that will be assigned, at the moment, this is not possible.

Please upvote this idea in our Ideas section if you would like to see it in our future releases.
 
@BodgeIT ,

Please check your logs in the 3CX Phone System Server at the following file, after you navigate on Office 365 Integration Settings page and press OK button on top.

C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Logs\3cxSystemService.log
That showed up that one of my permissions was wrong. I had read/write for directory. Replacing with the correct perm and reconnecting fixed my issue.

Thanks for all your help, I'll work my way through the logs next time.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Status
Not open for further replies.