• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Older Polycom IP Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Callinectes

Silver Partner
Joined
Nov 19, 2020
Messages
196
Reaction score
53
I am creating a plan to convert an existing customer from an * based PBX to 3CX. They currently have a lot of Polycom 330 and 331s. I see that these Polycom phones can be configured and most of the limitations are acceptable but there is one limitation that doesn't make sense to me - "It is incompatible with the 3CXPhone option “Enable PUSH for smartphones”". Can someone please explain this as intuitively it would mean that if you have a smartphone app provisioned for an extension that also uses one of these phones then you cannot enable push technology for that smartphone app, in essence making it useless for inbound calling. Any insight is appreciated and I hope I am wrong. TIA
 
Hi @Callinectes

Unfortunately I do not have one of those EOL models to test..

The limitation was added years ago in V15 so I'm not sure if it still applies today.

You would have to test one manually and find out.

But even that limitation aside, we would not recommend coming to 3CX with EOL models from the get go. The customer will have a much better experience with modern supported phones or with apps
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,964
Members
165,170
Latest member
SupportRock