Outbound Calls work perfectly. Inbound go to voice mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdsmvp

Free User
Joined
Jun 25, 2024
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Using Nexmo as the SIP trunk. Seems to be working as the inbound calls make my extension ring (I can see it ringing, one single ring, then goes to voicemail, on all devices, the real IP Phone, a Fanvill, the 3CX client on my Android phone and the webclient) but as mentioned, goes to voice mail. Outbound calls work as expected.
I checked everything I can think of, all seem correct but still this incoming call issue persists.
Any ideas?

Thanks!

CR
 
Ok I bit more info. I tried creating a digital receptionist and then assigning a number (i.e., 7) to go to an extension (mine). First of all, the digital receptionist does not seem to play anything (I mean no voice prompts, IVR). I then set it to the onhold.wav and once I called the SIP number, I got the onhold music playing, Pressed 7 and got the call transferred to my extension. So that way at least it works.
Now why if the incoming call is set to go directly to my extension, it goes to voicemail is not clear to me.
Also what is the purpose of the standard voice prompts if the IVR functionality/digital receptionist does nothing?

Thanks!

CR
 
This seems to be limited to your extension.
Have you tried to create a new extension and only use the web client for example, then assign the DID to the new extension and make a call, does it work properly?
 
Ok more info after testing. Created a new account, tested it. Exact same behavior, straight to voicemail. For the sake of testing, I disabled voicemail for the test user and once I did that, calls came through with no issues. Went back to my user, disabled voicemail. Here it goes to voicemail but then says there is no voicemail enabled for that user (mine), a different behavior from the test user (where the voicemail is also disabled but it passes the call).
Only difference is my user has the 3CX Android app and a Fanvill phone, while the test user only has the webclient in use. So yes there is something going on with my user account but also with the V20 as well as even for a brand new user the behavior is to send the call straight to voicemail unless I disable voicemail for the new user.
 
Weill after a bit more testing, the test user works perfectly. I forgot to add the DID to that user. Once done, calls work if I set the trunk to send the call to that user. If I simply set it to my user, we can see the call ringing (one ring) on all clients my user uses and then after one ring, goes to voicemail. So definitely an issue with my user but I cannot see where the problem is.
 
Were are you routing calls if the DID is not assigned to any extension?
 
Were are you routing calls if the DID is not assigned to any extension?
I did several tests. At first, assigned the DID to my extension. In this case, goes to voicemail no matter what. Second test, assigned the DID to the digital receptionist (DR). In this case, it worked perfectly. Once the DR 'answers' the call I can dial a single digit and call gets transferred to my extension and works perfectly as expected. Final test was to assign the DID to my new test extension. That one also works perfectly (only difference between new user and mine is the new one has no softphone of any sort of any physical IP phone - only has the webclient). So something is definitely wrong with my extension but as I said nowhere I can see what the problem is.
 
Is there any exception for this extension?
 
What do you mean by exception?
 
Go to the extension Forwarding Rules and check if there is any Exception configured.
 
Just checked, none. 1719986120148.png
 
In the management console is there any CID rule?
 
Are you able to use a the 3CX Activity log to troubleshoot? That may show you why the call goes off to voicemail.

Sometimes DND is enabled on the extension.
 
  • Like
Reactions: TheodorosG_3CX
In the management console is there any CID rule?
Do you mean here?

1720015973686.png
As of now only one is the one I created to at least have a working system where it sends the inboud call to the trunk DID to the DR.
 
Are you able to use a the 3CX Activity log to troubleshoot? That may show you why the call goes off to voicemail.

Sometimes DND is enabled on the extension.
I can certainly use the log. What is the process I should follow to get that?
Regarding the DID on the extension I believe you mean it under here right?
1720016125817.png
No number assigned to my user. As of now, the trunk DID is assigned to the Digital Receptionist (DR) and that works fine. Same if I assign the number to the test user I created but refuses to work with my extension.
 
Is there any rule here?

1720065929592.png
 
None from what I can see.

1720104975610.png
 
whats the default rule set to on the general page of voice? Chances are the invite format is incorrect.
 
Voice & Chat > General
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
112,156
Messages
591,013
Members
165,188
Latest member
Teemal