• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Outgoing/Incoming Issue - Linksys SPA 3102

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I explained in my previous post, the problem is not with the 3CX system or SPA3102 and here is the reason. When I plug in the line which is working ok with incoming PSTN caller ID to the first SPA3102 unit which does not show the caller on the second SPA3102, it works fine and the same when I plug in the line which is not working on the SPA3102 which does not show the caller id on the SPA unit which shows the caller id, it is the same and no caller id is showing. That means it is an issue with the PSTN line signaling/caller ID method which are from two different providers and it may be the caller ID method or other settings causing a problem with the caller ID. I am sure I know what the problem is but I don't know how to configure the SPA3102 to deal with it.

The problem is the line which is not showing PSTN caller ID according to the syslog sends the caller ID DTMF before the first ring, but the SPA3102 start detecting the caller ID FXO: Start CNDD after the first ring. I tried PSTN answer delay with different values it did not help.

Alan

Sorry, I missed that....

So these are two different providers, I assume. You may need to talk to the provider, to see what "method" they are using to send CID. As I understand it, in the UK, you have the "standard" BT method (which seems to send the data before the first ring after a line reversal) http://www.sinet.bt.com/ (go to document 227) and then some cable companies have adopted various "other" means of sending CID, including Bellcore. I have only used the North American (Bellcore)method, where it is sent after the first ring, the reason being that the first ring was used to "wake up" the CID unit (same reason BT sends a reversal). You may just have to try some of the other CID methods in the 3102 to see if one will work with your provider.

Can you verify, using a meter, that the non-working provider is sending the reversal before the CID info?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Actually now I know exactly what the problem is. As suggested, the PSTN line which is working fine with SPA3102 with correct Caller ID for incoming PSTN calls sends polarity reversal. However, the other PSTN line which does not show the caller ID on the other SPA3102 does not send polarity reversal!! Also, when I swap the lines on both SPA3102, the one which is not showing the caller id does not show it on the other SPA3102. So it is definitely the polarity reversal issue. I also changed the detect polarity reversal setting to no and various caller id detection methods, still no caller id.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Alan

If it were me, I would be contacting the provider to see if the lack of reversal is intentional or a fault with your line equipment. Have they specified which CID devices will work with their service?

You don't say if your provider is supplying your dialtone via some sort of a cable box, in your home, or it is coming to you from a central office over a cable pair. If it is the former, then there may be a fault, or misconfiguration in your box. Have you tried any other BT type CID device on that line? Does it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.