- Joined
- Oct 4, 2021
- Messages
- 1
- Reaction score
- 1
Whilst this has been briefly posted in the past (past versions of 3cx), I thought I'd share my current provisioning profile for those either with, or considering purchasing anything from the now defunct KX-UT* series of Panasonic Handsets.
After downloading a custom profile from here, I've made some minor modifications to update it, including:
Altering to GMT time (easily adjustable in XML), assume Daylight Savings times are used, and also auto-provision every 24 hours. Manual provisioning is still initially required by file link in the admin page of these phones.
So far, the features I've managed to obtain include:
Call forwarding
Blind forwarding
Call holding (music/audio from 3cx)
Three-way conference
Caller-ID for internal extensions
External extensions display the transfer-from location
Voicemail button (extension automatically registered)
Calling whilst another extension is on hold
Company Phonebook***
In summary. All of the major functions are still available via this custom profile and these handsets are cheap, even new (approx £30 each), for those looking at small business/home PBX implementations like myself. There are some mentions of other functions which are commented in the profile which I have no need for/no reason to test. Although I could not get a standby logo to work. I tried.
**For those interested, the company phonebook is provisioned in the file provided. It does require manual maintenance and is not synchronized with 3CX in any way. Basic XML format understanding is required. A separate file must be created in the provisioning directory with the details required.
I've attached a sample file. This needs to be uploaded into the provisioning directory and the owner and permissions changed via a shell or SSH to mirror existing phonebook files (CHMOD/CHOWN). Documentation on this formatting can be found from Panasonic directly. It is a faff but it works.
After downloading a custom profile from here, I've made some minor modifications to update it, including:
Altering to GMT time (easily adjustable in XML), assume Daylight Savings times are used, and also auto-provision every 24 hours. Manual provisioning is still initially required by file link in the admin page of these phones.
So far, the features I've managed to obtain include:
Call forwarding
Blind forwarding
Call holding (music/audio from 3cx)
Three-way conference
Caller-ID for internal extensions
External extensions display the transfer-from location
Voicemail button (extension automatically registered)
Calling whilst another extension is on hold
Company Phonebook***
In summary. All of the major functions are still available via this custom profile and these handsets are cheap, even new (approx £30 each), for those looking at small business/home PBX implementations like myself. There are some mentions of other functions which are commented in the profile which I have no need for/no reason to test. Although I could not get a standby logo to work. I tried.
**For those interested, the company phonebook is provisioned in the file provided. It does require manual maintenance and is not synchronized with 3CX in any way. Basic XML format understanding is required. A separate file must be created in the provisioning directory with the details required.
I've attached a sample file. This needs to be uploaded into the provisioning directory and the owner and permissions changed via a shell or SSH to mirror existing phonebook files (CHMOD/CHOWN). Documentation on this formatting can be found from Panasonic directly. It is a faff but it works.