• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

PI SBC - Getting disconnected every day or 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinVMMC

Forum User
Basic Certified
Joined
Feb 28, 2022
Messages
28
Reaction score
5
Rolling out a fairly large 3cx install with 30+ locations. Out of the first 5 SBC's I have installed for testing/pilot phones 2 seem to work flawless. The other 3 seem to have to be rebooted every 2 or 3 days to get the trunk to come back up. Is there anything I can do to keep these more stable? Should they all use different starting RTP ports? Do I need to make a cron and reboot them every night? Thanks in advance.
 
OK.. I just did a re-install without doing anything extra. I am willing to try anything at this point. Thank you
As I recommended before, open a ticket with our support department so they can further troubleshoot this.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Charles_3CX
UPDATE - What we figured out was as soon as the SBC lost internet connection from the first WAN it registered itself to our failover server in the other datacenter, that is why it would never come back.. It was just hanging out on our passive failover. We removed the failover setting and it seems to work as designed. That being said is there any documentation on how that failover is supposed to work? Thanks all for the help
 
Glad to see you were able to figure out the issue.

Regarding failover when the primary PBX goes down the SBC will automatically switch to the secondary server.
However while its connected to the secondary server it will remain there until the SBC is restarted or the secondary server goes down.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,961
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us