• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Programmable Keys not provisioning in Grandstream GXP 1625

Status
Not open for further replies.

cristian.hamm

Trainee Partner
Joined
Feb 20, 2023
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
We have a 3CX in the main Office, and are provisioning 3 Grandstream GXP 1625 in one of our branches.
The below image, is how I'm configuring the programmable keys on the phones:
1682682906927.png

After every reboot, or provision, the programmable keys end up like this:

1682682714729.png
On the phone:

1682682827438.png


This is how I setup the 3CX:
1682683039060.png

My 3CX version is: 18.0.7.312
Firmware version is: 1.0.7.13
 
Because you're doing two things you shouldn't here:

1. Grandstream with 3CX all have the first two keys locked to Line keys. That's due to how the phone is configured by 3CX. Without that it would be very hard to use.

2. You're trying to customize the settings in the phone when you should be using a custom template, otherwise it will indeed get reset to the 3CX official template. Softkeys specially.

Please also note that you cannot use more than 1 extension on a device, or you will run into issues with DND and stuff. I can see you tried setting the second line key to another user. (Also, not exactly how that works...)
 
I was trying to use the 2 side buttons on the Grandstream as "shortcuts" to dial directly to the other 2 phones on the same branch, the correct way, is by using Templates then? How could I customize the templates in this way?
 
The "side buttons" are set to other functions by default.

you can create more BLF in the 3CX BLF tab, use Speed Dials to create shortcuts.

The phone will allow to switch BLF page using "NextScr" button.
 
Ok, will create the these as BLF Speed Dial in the 3CX interface, and check the NextScr button,
Will comeback later and share my feedback,
Thanks!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Also, side note, I would stay away from Grandstream as much as possible, SPECIALLY the GXP16/17 series.
 
Have tested on the phone, changed the BLF to Speed Dial as shown:

1682700018075.png

When I press NEXTSCR:
1682700059555.png

Pressing it again, returns to the main page:
1682700094364.png

When pressing the side buttons, nothing happens.
Any ideia why?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,959
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us