• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Provisioning V18 with SBC 18.0.30 (beta)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.Zanetti

Customer
Advanced Certified
Joined
Mar 12, 2018
Messages
26
Reaction score
9
Hello everybody.

This morning I had some trouble provisioning 5 brand new Fanvil X5U with Windows SBC on a V18 Amazon AWS 3CX.
Phones were able to get an IP via DHCP and ping local SBC, but didn't show up on 3CX. Windows firewall allowed all SBC traffic.
I tried rebooting either phones and SBC, then I remebered that SBC was updated earlier from version 18.0.27 to 18.0.30 (beta).
I uninstalled beta version and reinstalled previous version and everything worked fine.
 
Hi @M.Zanetti

Thanks for reporting this. I have installed a Windows SBC and then upgraded it to the beta to see if I can replicate the behavior you described. In my case the X5U was able to appear as bold and also provision normally in both .27 and .30 versions of our Windows SBC. It tried this on a clean install Windows Server 2019 Standard 1809 with default Windows Security and Firewall (basically a vanilla system).

Can you try and replicate this again and see if you still have issues on .30? If yes I would like to learn some more information that might help find any possible issues in case there are any related to our SBC:

- What firmware version was installed on the X5U devices when you tried this and failed?
- What else was the Windows machine doing other than running the SBC?
- What other antivirus/security suites are installed on this machine if any?
- What version and build of Microsoft Windows was the machine running?
- Would it work if you were to restart the Windows machine?
- How many NICs does this machine have?
- What exact version of 3CX PBX are you running

If you have answers for the above it would help greatly to narrow it down.
 
Last edited:
Hello John, and thank you for your answer.
Unfortunately I'm not able to replicate this issue at the moment, since all Phones has been already provisioned. As for you questions,
- X5U were all running X5U-2.4.2 firmware (latest official from Fanvil)
- Windows machine with SBC was a Windows 10 Professional Version 21H1, running microsoft office 365 (mainly Outlook and Excel).
- Antivirus is Windows Defender and Windows firewall with all incoming traffic enabled.
- I've already tried rebooting both Windows SBC, 3CX and all phones (I even tried resetting to default some of them), but none of phones was able to appear as bold in 3CX.
- Just 1 NIC: PC is an HP ProDesk 600 G5
- 3CX is running Version 18.0.1880

Have a nice day.
 
To be fair, the firmware supported by 3CX is 2.4.12 and we do state in our guide that you should upgrade it before you go ahead and provision the phones. I would highly recommend to upgrade the firmware to ensure maximum compatibility.

This will not necessarily be the cause of the issue, but it is one variable we do not test for. The latest versions of 3CX+SBC are always tested against the currently supported 3CX firmware, so in case there was an issue with older firmware or non 3CX firmware we would not know about it.

Glad to hear they are up and running now, If you get a chance to retest with the latest firmware let me know
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,965
Members
165,170
Latest member
SupportRock