- Joined
- Jan 18, 2011
- Messages
- 167
- Reaction score
- 48
HI, this is a question for a new 3cx setup, running 3cx 8SC Pro 30-day-trial / latest - 20.0 Update 10 (Build 1694 Beta - AI 1.6.63
Half a dozen Grandstream GRP-2613 / latest FW 1.0.13.127 handsets
The call flow here is very straightforward, and kind of frustrating thing:
- I've got inbound call group defined so their "Office public DID Number" hits a ring group <> has 4 EXT (101,102,103,104) all concurrent ring members.
so any of these 4 handset can answer the inbound call when it rings concurrent on the handsets.
- initially I did no config on the ring tones at all. Then poked it a bit at request of end-users.
-Now I have the phones set to use "IP phone - customize Call and Queue ringtone" such that we have "systemRingTone" for both the "Default ring tone and the "queue ring tone"
-- drama point now I relaize, is that I think maybe "queue ring tone" has nothing to do with a ring group, ie, ring group is not a queue.
But.
Drama:
- if we call from EXT 101 to 102 > they have a ring tone they like
- if an outside world person phones the office DID > hits the ring group > then the handsets ring with a (different ring tone) which they do not like so much
- if we then hang up and call from one handset directly to the other - yay - the nice ring tone.
I can't tell if there is actually a place where we are allowed to change what ring tone is used for "ring group" calls
and if there is an easy way to tell it "please just use the same thing as the normal ring tone thank you"
I did search forum and found some disucssion about maybe tweak teamplates to try to achieve this end
I am not certain I believe this is the only path so wanted to sanity check that yes indeed, dig into templates, good luck etc.
any feedback is greatly apprecaited
thank you
Tim
-
Half a dozen Grandstream GRP-2613 / latest FW 1.0.13.127 handsets
The call flow here is very straightforward, and kind of frustrating thing:
- I've got inbound call group defined so their "Office public DID Number" hits a ring group <> has 4 EXT (101,102,103,104) all concurrent ring members.
so any of these 4 handset can answer the inbound call when it rings concurrent on the handsets.
- initially I did no config on the ring tones at all. Then poked it a bit at request of end-users.
-Now I have the phones set to use "IP phone - customize Call and Queue ringtone" such that we have "systemRingTone" for both the "Default ring tone and the "queue ring tone"
-- drama point now I relaize, is that I think maybe "queue ring tone" has nothing to do with a ring group, ie, ring group is not a queue.
But.
Drama:
- if we call from EXT 101 to 102 > they have a ring tone they like
- if an outside world person phones the office DID > hits the ring group > then the handsets ring with a (different ring tone) which they do not like so much
- if we then hang up and call from one handset directly to the other - yay - the nice ring tone.
I can't tell if there is actually a place where we are allowed to change what ring tone is used for "ring group" calls
and if there is an easy way to tell it "please just use the same thing as the normal ring tone thank you"
I did search forum and found some disucssion about maybe tweak teamplates to try to achieve this end
I am not certain I believe this is the only path so wanted to sanity check that yes indeed, dig into templates, good luck etc.
any feedback is greatly apprecaited
thank you
Tim
-