QR Codes Different between Management Console and Webclient, and then uses wrong IP address

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Jacobson

SMB User
Joined
Aug 13, 2011
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
I had to reprovision my phone as IP address changed on my PBX system.
It kept failing with QR Provision Failed
I then used the Webclient to generate the QR code, and got a different one.
This one provisioned except it used the wrong IP address. I have two IP addresses on the system, and the correct one is extension phone provisioning tab, but it used the other one.

V16
 
I had to reprovision my phone as IP address changed on my PBX system.
It kept failing with QR Provision Failed
I then used the Webclient to generate the QR code, and got a different one.
This one provisioned except it used the wrong IP address. I have two IP addresses on the system, and the correct one is extension phone provisioning tab, but it used the other one.

V16
First of, if you have two network adapters, you need only have one with a gateway address, otherwise it will cause issues.

Now, you should be using the FQDN if your public IP changes, as it will allow the DNS to update and not have to reprovision.
 
  • Like
Reactions: AWS2P
Also, I'd recommend going into "Settings >> Network" and make sure that the correct IP is shown under "Select Network Card Interface".
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,961
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us