Queues - Did the minimum value for "Maximum queue wait time" change

BrendanPrice

Gold Partner
Basic Certified
Joined
Jan 31, 2022
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
I've got a customer who we're pretty sure had a reception queue which was set to ring for 10 seconds before it would overflow to ringing the backup reception phones. However they reported that after the most recent update (20.0 udpate 8 build 1121) it was taking a little longer, and now if I go into their reception queue the value is set to 15 seconds and it won't allow you to set any value lower than 15 seconds.

Has this changed? It's not a huge problem, obviously, but I'm fairly sure that it was 10 seconds and I just wanted to know I'm not imagining it.
 
Im confident it was 10 too.

and I just checked am im able to set to 10?

albeit im on U9 B670
 
Been able to do it on a system running 1121 too..

what value are you updating that wont go to 10? I cant change the queue wait time to 10.. maybe you got wait time and ring time mixed up?
 
I just checked and I don't have a single customer on the old build still, so I can't really compare easily.

I can set the "ring time" to 10 seconds but the "maximum queue wait time" can't be set any lower than 15 seconds.

According to the manual https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/call-center-queues/ the ring time is how long it will go through each cycle of the current ring strategy before jumping to the next step, and the "maximum queue wait time" is when it considers that call in the queue to have not been answered and deals with the call as per the "destination if no answer" option, which makes perfect sense.

"the Ring All strategy will ring all members of the queue simultaneously until a member picks up the call, or until the Maximum queue wait time is reached"

So in a "Ring all" queue the ring time value is kind of moot.

3cx Screenshot 2026-04-09 083343.png
 
I'm fairly certain "Maximum queue wait time" has always been 15s, unless it was reduced for an update or two and then changed back to 15s and I missed it.

Does 810 need to be a Queue rather than a Ring Group? If you set 810 as a RG you could set the Ring Time to lower than 15s and that will be the time before an unanswered call overflows to 811.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
112,148
Messages
590,963
Members
165,168
Latest member
Stephan Eusebe