• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Remove SIP info on in-bound Caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.
Archi
I do NOT disagree with you, BUT SY was pushing for the problem coming from the Service Provider, where it had nothing to do with them and but for:
The phones I have (and tried) do not seem to have options for such changes/configurations, and I have tried many including the 3CX suggested. In fact the only soft-phone I have found that does is on Linux (Twinkle), but it does not have a camera facility.

I do agree that the handsets are also an obvious place to have such a facility.

I also believe and limited tests have shown that the 3CX configs can also influence displays. Having a central control would be hugely beneficial. I am NOT a techie at all, so do not understand the ins and outs of all these, but I can and do assess logically, and so far playing has shown much to be correct - if misguided.

Jonners59 said:
Archi
I do NOT disagree with you, BUT SY was pushing for the problem coming from the Service Provider, where it had nothing to do with them and but for:
The phones I have (and tried) do not seem to have options for such changes/configurations, and I have tried many including the 3CX suggested. In fact the only soft-phone I have found that does is on Linux (Twinkle), but it does not have a camera facility.

I do agree that the handsets are also an obvious place to have such a facility.

I also believe and limited tests have shown that the 3CX configs can also influence displays. Having a central control would be hugely beneficial. I am NOT a techie at all, so do not understand the ins and outs of all these, but I can and do assess logically, and so far playing has shown much to be correct - if misguided.

I believe that your request is related to specific call "route" and rather related to route participants (devices) then to 3CX PBX itself.
One of the reason of the request which is published in http://www.3cx.com/forums/forum-rules-read-to-get-answers-93.html is to avoid miscommunication between us...

You have persistent problem, isn't it? If so then you have a good chance to provide PBX logs, isn't it?
Even more, you can make a wireshark capture, isn't it?

You can open support ticket, but pay attention that some "freaks" of SIP devices cannot be compensated by PBX. Some of issues should be addressed to device manufacturer.

If 3CX PBX has a bug which stops devices to working properly then we will fix it.

P.S. The subject of our discussion is the "From" SIP header sent by your device to PBX. PBX has ability to modify it before send it to your phone. I can repeat sentence published in my previous post:
If your environment has specific requirements in this area then just specify it. It will be interesting to know the source of problem.

You should use a supported VoIP provider and a supported phone. This issues you have are because you are not using either.... If you are a SIP guru, then you can try to figure it out yourself but failing that its best to follow our 3CX recommendations what provider or equipment to use.

?
It's all standard... Grandstream 3CX, Counterpath X-Lite and 3CX client and ordinary PSTN lines....... The SIP provider, who has absolutly nothing to do with this, is also standard and is ONLY used for outbound calls. This occurs on all calls... And the solution is in the 3CX settings as above as I have tried playing with them and they do make changes, just not figured out the correct settings.

I have noticed no-one actually reads the requests all the info, including that all this is VERY standard stuff seems to keep being missed. And I know I am not alone.

I am tinkering with other IP-PBXs to this end too. Don't have the same issues there. NCH, Unison, as examples

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TECHXNEPAL
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.