[REQUEST] Need latest SUOTA .bin firmware files for Gigaset S650H PRO & R650H PRO (Wiki down)

albertpugo02

SMB User
Joined
Sep 29, 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Hi everyone,

I am setting up a Gigaset N670 IP PRO base and I desperately need the latest SUOTA firmware files (.bin) for the S650H PRO and R650H PRO handsets.

As you probably know, the old Gigaset PRO Wiki is dead due to the VTech migration, and the new portal only has firmware for the newer 700 series. I tried guessing the direct URLs on profile.gigaset.net, but without knowing the exact 3-digit version number in the filename, it just throws a 404 error.

I also tried updating them via micro-USB using Gigaset QuickSync, but it triggers the well-known "Safe Mode" bootloop bug on these handsets. My VoIP provider is also unable to provide the files.

Does anyone have the latest .bin files for the S650H and R650H saved on their local hard drive? If you could share a Google Drive, Dropbox, or WeTransfer link so I can upload them manually to my N670 via the "Browse" button, it would be a massive lifesaver.

Thanks in advance!
 
Solution
Hi,

Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction!

You were totally right about the local cache, though in modern Windows it actually saves them in a hidden folder at C:\ProgramData\Gigaset QuickSync\Firmware. I found the files there!

At first, the N670 rejected the raw .bin file saying "not a valid SUOTA binary". But I figured out a workaround: I packed the .bin, .hdr, and .date files together into a standard .tar archive. The N670 accepted the .tar perfectly and I successfully updated all my S650H handsets over the air!

The only piece of the puzzle missing now is the R650H. Since it's the ruggedized model, it doesn't have a micro-USB port, so I can't plug it into QuickSync to force the software to download the...
Hi,

Sorry, we don't host those files. I've personally used the Quick Sync app to upgrade handsets in the past, and noticed it stores firmware files here if this helps: C:\Program Files (x86)\Gigaset QuickSync

Beyond that you will have to contact Gigaset Support directly.
 
  • Like
Reactions: KyriacosS_3CX
Hi,

Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction!

You were totally right about the local cache, though in modern Windows it actually saves them in a hidden folder at C:\ProgramData\Gigaset QuickSync\Firmware. I found the files there!

At first, the N670 rejected the raw .bin file saying "not a valid SUOTA binary". But I figured out a workaround: I packed the .bin, .hdr, and .date files together into a standard .tar archive. The N670 accepted the .tar perfectly and I successfully updated all my S650H handsets over the air!

The only piece of the puzzle missing now is the R650H. Since it's the ruggedized model, it doesn't have a micro-USB port, so I can't plug it into QuickSync to force the software to download the files to my PC cache.

If you or anyone else happens to have the R650H firmware files saved from the old Wiki, you would completely save my day. Thanks again for the help!
 
  • Like
Reactions: KyriacosS_3CX
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
112,150
Messages
590,977
Members
165,172
Latest member
farida