Salesforce Integration not logging calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarrick-alertus

Customer
Joined
Apr 1, 2020
Messages
6
Reaction score
3
After updating to 3CX v18, the Salesforce integration is no longer working. I ran a test and the number matches to a contact, but when making or a receiving a call, the call does not record. Everything worked fine before the update. I tried switching to SalesforceV2 and it's still not working.

The log looks like it's working, but then say no matches.


Not processed. Number=+14108584721, connection=681, state=Dialing
2021/11/15 11:39:18.382|628|0009|Verb|Add to processing. Number=+14108584721, connection=681, state=Dialing
2021/11/15 11:39:18.382|628|0009|Info|CRM ProcessActiveConnections(). Attached entries to connection:
2021/11/15 11:39:18.382|628|0009|Verb|CRM: LocalMatches=. Number=+14108584721, connection=681, state=Dialing
2021/11/15 11:39:18.382|628|0009|Info|CRM: Synchronize(...) called
2021/11/15 11:39:18.429|628|0009|Verb|Enqueue Inserted.CONNECTION.682
2021/11/15 11:39:18.429|628|0004|Verb|Dequeue Inserted.CONNECTION.682
2021/11/15 11:39:18.434|628|0009|Verb|Enqueue Updated.CONNECTION.682
2021/11/15 11:39:18.434|628|0004|Verb|Dequeue Updated.CONNECTION.682
2021/11/15 11:39:18.434|628|0009|Verb|Enqueue Updated.CONNECTION.681
2021/11/15 11:39:18.434|628|0004|Verb|Dequeue Updated.CONNECTION.681
2021/11/15 11:39:18.779|628|0039|Info|CRM: maxConcurrency=16
2021/11/15 11:39:18.779|628|0039|Info|CRM: making request to CRM. Number=+14108584721
2021/11/15 11:39:18.779|628|0039|Trac|Obtaining scenario entity order for entity 'Contacts'
2021/11/15 11:39:18.779|628|0039|Trac|Obtained scenario entity order '0' for entity 'Contacts'
2021/11/15 11:39:18.779|628|0039|Trac|Obtaining scenario entity order for entity 'Leads'
2021/11/15 11:39:18.779|628|0039|Trac|Obtained scenario entity order '1' for entity 'Leads'
2021/11/15 11:39:18.779|628|0039|Trac|Obtaining scenario entity order for entity 'Accounts'
2021/11/15 11:39:18.779|628|0039|Trac|Obtained scenario entity order '2' for entity 'Accounts'
2021/11/15 11:39:18.779|628|0039|Verb|Processing scenario 'Default'.
2021/11/15 11:39:18.779|628|0039|Verb|Creating new HttpClient for Scenario authentication.
2021/11/15 11:39:18.779|628|0039|Verb| Bearer '00D61000000JmBJ!AQYAQLK81Nny6YJWjM4I.tFlCTMw3vgntnDbLyqPNAEuTpo2l309PQjFjXKkLNxXB2EactxbKqrKWhg8ZopiB_P4UdO8AQvj'
2021/11/15 11:39:18.779|628|0039|Verb|Performing GET request 'https://alertus.my.salesforce.com/services/data/v49.0/search/?q=FIND {4108584721} IN PHONE FIELDS RETURNING Contact(Id,FirstName,LastName,AssistantPhone,Fax,HomePhone,MobilePhone,OtherPhone,Phone,Email,AccountId)'.
2021/11/15 11:39:18.894|628|0110|Verb|The response is: '{"searchRecords":[{"attributes":{"type":"Contact","url":"/services/data/v49.0/sobjects/Contact/0034M00001v5QSlQAM"},"Id":"0034M00001v5QSlQAM","FirstName":"Shawn","LastName":"Carrick","AssistantPhone":null,"Fax":null,"HomePhone":null,"MobilePhone":null,"OtherPhone":"4108584721","Phone":"7176341080","Email":null,"AccountId":"00161000006P13jAAC"}]}'
2021/11/15 11:39:18.894|628|0110|Verb|Filtered variables for matching:
2021/11/15 11:39:18.894|628|0110|Verb| 'OtherPhone' = '4108584721'
2021/11/15 11:39:18.894|628|0110|Verb| 'Email' = ''
2021/11/15 11:39:18.894|628|0110|Verb| 'MobilePhone' = ''
2021/11/15 11:39:18.894|628|0110|Verb| 'AccountId' = '00161000006P13jAAC'
2021/11/15 11:39:18.894|628|0110|Verb| 'AssistantPhone' = ''
2021/11/15 11:39:18.894|628|0110|Verb| 'Fax' = ''
2021/11/15 11:39:18.894|628|0110|Verb| 'Phone' = '7176341080'
2021/11/15 11:39:18.894|628|0110|Verb| 'Id' = '0034M00001v5QSlQAM'
2021/11/15 11:39:18.894|628|0110|Verb| 'EntityType' = 'Contact'
2021/11/15 11:39:18.894|628|0110|Verb| 'HomePhone' = ''
2021/11/15 11:39:18.894|628|0110|Verb| 'LastName' = 'Carrick'
2021/11/15 11:39:18.894|628|0110|Verb| 'FirstName' = 'Shawn'
2021/11/15 11:39:18.894|628|0110|Verb|Processing scenario 'GetAccountName'.
2021/11/15 11:39:18.894|628|0110|Verb|Creating new HttpClient for Scenario authentication.
2021/11/15 11:39:18.894|628|0110|Verb| Bearer '00D61000000JmBJ!AQYAQLK81Nny6YJWjM4I.tFlCTMw3vgntnDbLyqPNAEuTpo2l309PQjFjXKkLNxXB2EactxbKqrKWhg8ZopiB_P4UdO8AQvj'
2021/11/15 11:39:18.894|628|0110|Verb|Performing GET request 'https://alertus.my.salesforce.com/services/data/v49.0/query/?q=SELECT Name from Account where Id = '00161000006P13jAAC''.
2021/11/15 11:39:18.936|628|0110|Verb|The response is: '{"totalSize":1,"done":true,"records":[{"attributes":{"type":"Account","url":"/services/data/v49.0/sobjects/Account/00161000006P13jAAC"},"Name":"Alertus"}]}'
2021/11/15 11:39:18.936|628|0110|Verb|Filtered variables for matching:
2021/11/15 11:39:18.936|628|0110|Verb| 'AccName' = 'Alertus'
2021/11/15 11:39:18.936|628|0110|Verb|Processing scenario 'Default'.
2021/11/15 11:39:18.936|628|0110|Verb|Creating new HttpClient for Scenario authentication.
2021/11/15 11:39:18.936|628|0110|Verb| Bearer '00D61000000JmBJ!AQYAQLK81Nny6YJWjM4I.tFlCTMw3vgntnDbLyqPNAEuTpo2l309PQjFjXKkLNxXB2EactxbKqrKWhg8ZopiB_P4UdO8AQvj'
2021/11/15 11:39:18.936|628|0110|Verb|Skipping request...
2021/11/15 11:39:18.936|628|0110|Verb|No matchings found.
2021/11/15 11:39:18.936|628|0110|Verb|Processing scenario 'Default'.
2021/11/15 11:39:18.936|628|0110|Verb|Creating new HttpClient for Scenario authentication.
2021/11/15 11:39:18.936|628|0110|Verb| Bearer '00D61000000JmBJ!AQYAQLK81Nny6YJWjM4I.tFlCTMw3vgntnDbLyqPNAEuTpo2l309PQjFjXKkLNxXB2EactxbKqrKWhg8ZopiB_P4UdO8AQvj'
2021/11/15 11:39:18.936|628|0110|Verb|Skipping request...
2021/11/15 11:39:18.936|628|0110|Verb|No matchings found.
2021/11/15 11:39:19.078|628|0009|Trac|###TRANSACTION.448 started
2021/11/15 11:39:19.078|628|0009|Verb|Enqueue Inserted.TRANSACTION.448
2021/11/15 11:39:19.078|628|0004|Verb|Dequeue Inserted.TRANSACTION.448
2021/11/15 11:39:19.079|628|0009|Trac|+++TRANSACTION.448 updated - elapsed 1.0502
2021/11/15 11:39:19.079|628|0009|Verb|Enqueue Updated.TRANSACTION.448
2021/11/15 11:39:19.079|628|0110|Info|CRM: Contact Wphonebook.12: Wtenant.1: default - - Shawn Carrick was updated from CRM
2021/11/15 11:39:19.079|628|0009|Verb|Enqueue Updated.PHONEBOOK.12
2021/11/15 11:39:19.079|628|0009|Trac|Finalizing TRANSACTION.448
2021/11/15 11:39:19.079|628|0009|Verb|Enqueue Deleted.TRANSACTION.448
2021/11/15 11:39:19.079|628|0110|Info|CRM: New lookup data '12' will be attached to all connections related to number +14108584721
2021/11/15 11:39:19.079|628|0009|Trac|---TRANSACTION.448 finished 1.4362ms
data:1.0502ms
Events:0.1594ms
externals:0.2266ms
2021/11/15 11:39:19.079|628|0004|Verb|Dequeue Updated.PHONEBOOK.12
2021/11/15 11:39:19.079|628|0004|Verb|Dequeue Deleted.TRANSACTION.448
2021/11/15 11:39:19.080|628|0110|Verb|Removed from processing. Number=+14108584721
2021/11/15 11:39:19.080|628|0110|Info|CRM: processing of +14108584721 has been finished
 
what if some agent i dun want mapping? because not all extension need to create record at crm
 
what if some agent i dun want mapping? because not all extension need to create record at crm
Interesting point. At the moment, if the email address of the 3CX extension maps the email address of a CRM user, the call will be logged. You would need to configure a different email if you don't want this...
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
i see, so the "match exactly number " bug will solved at next update? can i know when?
 
i see, so the "match exactly number " bug will solved at next update? can i know when?
Yes, that fix will be included in Update 3. I can't tell when this will be released, we just released Update 2 a few days ago, so I think a couple of months....
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Maybe there's a point in having some customized integration developed by yourself, as well does it make sense to wait for an update for months?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Yes, that fix will be included in Update 3. I can't tell when this will be released, we just released Update 2 a few days ago, so I think a couple of months....
Is this related to our issue with the "+33xxxxxxx" and then being searched in the phonebook as "06xxxxxxxx" (because of how the provider sends it when it should follow the same Contacts > Options rule?)
 
Is this related to our issue with the "+33xxxxxxx" and then being searched in the phonebook as "06xxxxxxxx" (because of how the provider sends it when it should follow the same Contacts > Options rule?)
Yes, correct, we're fixing this in Update 3.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
How are you configuring the Call Journaling section in 3CX? If you're moving from v16, there are some changes in the variables you have available. Please take a look at the updated guide here:
https://www.3cx.com/docs/dynamics-crm-integration/#h.pbh3i4dyveoj


This is for database integrations, not for Dynamics.
@axpjelly1029 sorry for the late response, I did not see this forum post. Not sure if you are still wanting to tinker around with this or not, but I think it is still doable.

I have this configured in Dynamics On-premise so it might be a little different. Look at the XML file and modify the lookup url that is used for when it is pulling leads, contacts, and accounts. For every field that is looking for a phone number I changed it as such.

Original:
1643234116896.png

Changed:
1643234136934.png
 

Attachments

  • 1643233564737.png
    1643233564737.png
    4 KB · Views: 2
Come on 3CX this is a huge oversight. My Salesforce has now not been logging calls since Mid Dec when I performed the V18 update. Of course I would not have thought to check whether 3CX was logging calls in Salesforce since it always had. What I noticed was what I thought was happening was my Custom Field in Salesforce called Last Meaningful Conversation date, which we use to KPI sales staff with, was not updating and I thought it was a process builder failing. I didn't worry as I thought I could retrospectively update all the records at once using Flow, assuming the calls were being logged. Having spent 4 hours on it last night and finding no records to update, I thought I better just run a report and see if there are any 3CX calls in my accounts from January. Low and behold there weren't any!! This really has messed with our reporting and KPIs accross the business and its severe data loss thats unrecoverable. Some warning might have been nice, and I could have taken evasive action. But this is highly reactive for something so crucial.

P.s. There isn't any workaround either all this time later. My numbers aren't stored in E164 format in Salesforce, why would they be, and because they are not I cannot do an Exact Match of course to solve it. So I am now waiting on Update 3 and cannot manage my sales team's call activity in the meantime.
 
Come on 3CX this is a huge oversight. My Salesforce has now not been logging calls since Mid Dec when I performed the V18 update. Of course I would not have thought to check whether 3CX was logging calls in Salesforce since it always had. What I noticed was what I thought was happening was my Custom Field in Salesforce called Last Meaningful Conversation date, which we use to KPI sales staff with, was not updating and I thought it was a process builder failing. I didn't worry as I thought I could retrospectively update all the records at once using Flow, assuming the calls were being logged. Having spent 4 hours on it last night and finding no records to update, I thought I better just run a report and see if there are any 3CX calls in my accounts from January. Low and behold there weren't any!! This really has messed with our reporting and KPIs accross the business and its severe data loss thats unrecoverable. Some warning might have been nice, and I could have taken evasive action. But this is highly reactive for something so crucial.

P.s. There isn't any workaround either all this time later. My numbers aren't stored in E164 format in Salesforce, why would they be, and because they are not I cannot do an Exact Match of course to solve it. So I am now waiting on Update 3 and cannot manage my sales team's call activity in the meantime.
Please try with Caller ID reformatting, so the lookup uses the same format you have in Salesforce:
https://www.3cx.com/docs/cid-reformatting/
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Please try with Caller ID reformatting, so the lookup uses the same format you have in Salesforce:
https://www.3cx.com/docs/cid-reformatting/
I can get the inbound Caller ID reformat to work fine, but can you please tell me how do you make every UK national outbound number become +44 * e.g. 07**** * or 020**** or 03** *? Then as well, how do you do this for other international inbound calls - so how do you make any incoming international number +(*)(...)(.*) pattern replace?

Inbound works as:
Source Pattern: +(44)(...)(.*)
Replace Pattern: 0\2\3

Tried outbound as
Source Pattern: (0)(.*)
Replace Pattern: +44\1\2

No joy! either with +44 \1 or +44\1\2
or with

Source Pattern: 0(...)(.*)
Replace Pattern: +44\2\3 or +44\1\2

N.B. However I don't think the outbound rule will make any difference and I can't see why it would as our SIP trunk Outbound Rules automatically reformat a dialled number from a national number into an E164 number. So it doesn't make sense to me why the 3CX call is not logging in Salesforce; unless it has something to do with the fact a dialled number is passed to Salesforce, in some format not used by either the Outbound Rules in the SIP trunk settings and/or from what I gather the Caller ID, where CID reformatting apparently only happens for outbound numbers dialled if they first came in and then went out as a call, not if it is a call directly dialled by a user extension?

I am simply trying to make a number that is dialled by me (a 3cx user) as 07*** ****** stay as 07******* for Salesforce but then go out as +447******* for the SIP Trunk that has to use E164. So what's the way to do that for any UK national number?
 
Last edited:
The CRM integration will "read" the number sent to the SIP Trunk, so if you send the number in E164 format there, that's what the CRM engine will use. The Caller ID reformatting works for inbound calls, so that part will be solved that way, but it will not be possible to adjust this for outbound calls.... Please note that Update 3 will be released shortly, and it includes a fix to match the last N digits.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
The CRM integration will "read" the number sent to the SIP Trunk, so if you send the number in E164 format there, that's what the CRM engine will use. The Caller ID reformatting works for inbound calls, so that part will be solved that way, but it will not be possible to adjust this for outbound calls.... Please note that Update 3 will be released shortly, and it includes a fix to match the last N digits.
In that case I cannot change it to E164 to make the integration work as our SIP Trunk Twilio needs E164 formatted numbers and our numbers in Salesforce are not E164. I will await v18 update 3.
 
  • Like
Reactions: edossantos
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,148
Messages
590,962
Members
165,168
Latest member
Stephan Eusebe