Microsoft Dynamics 365 Online Server Side CRM
On this topic:
3CX provides integration with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Online. With this integration when a call comes in, the web client will show the contact name and a link icon on the phone screen. When you click on the link you will navigate to the corresponding contact in the CRM. In this guide we will take you through the steps required in order to setup your Microsoft Dynamics 365 Online with 3CX - server side.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Online Configuration
- Login to your Microsoft Dynamics 365 Online account, and go to your Azure Portal to create the app that will be used for authentication. Go to Azure Active Directory > App registrations > New application registration.
- Complete the app information. Enter “3CX Server Side” for the Name, Select “Native” for the Application type, and enter “https://MY_3CX_URL/api/oauth2crm” for the Redirect URI, where you need to replace MY_3CX_URL with the URL you use to access your 3CX Console. Finally click on Create.
- You will see the details for the app you just created. Take note of the Application ID, as you will need it later when you configure 3CX.
- Now we need to add the permissions to access the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Online information. Click on Settings > Required permissions > Add.
- Click on “Select an API”, choose the Dynamics CRM Online API, and click the Select button below.
- Check all the permissions from the following screen and press the Select button below.
- Click on the Done button to complete adding the required permissions.
- Next you can remove the “Windows Azure Active Directory” permissions, as they’re not required for this integration.
- The application is created and ready to use. However, there is one additional step we need to perform, in order to get the Tenant ID, which will be needed later. To do this, go to Azure Active Directory > App registrations > and click the Endpoints button.
- From any endpoint, take note of the Tenant part, as it will be needed later when configuring 3CX. For example, the “OAUTH 2.0 AUTHORIZATION ENDPOINT” looks like this: https://login.microsoftonline.com/dedc4ebb-183f-42e2-9192-92eb425a027d/oauth2/authorize
- The Tenant ID in that case is “dedc4ebb-183f-42e2-9192-92eb425a027d”.
- Now we’re ready to configure the 3CX server.
3CX CRM Server Side Configuration
- Login to the management console > Settings > CRM Integration > Server Side tab.
- Select Microsoft Dynamics 365 from the dropdown list.
- Enter the values for the Application ID and Tenant, taken from the previous steps. For the domain, enter the URL you use to access your Microsoft Dynamics 365 Online account.
- Press the Authorize button to perform the authorization. A new tab will be opened, and you will be requested to grant access to the application you just created.
- Press Accept to grant access. The refresh token will be shown under the Authorize button.
- Setup is ready, press OK to save the changes.
- You can test the integration using the Test button at the top of this configuration page.