• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

SBC trunk status change to down email notifications not received

Wawa

Free User
Reaction score
I have a self hosted cloud instance running v18.0 (Build 312) on lightsail. It had a raspberry pi SBC until recently. I had enabled email notifications for "When the status of a trunk / SBC changes".
I received emails any time the SBC lost or regained connectivity. This was wonderful.

I recently replaced the SBC and a phone with a router phone (Yealink T53W).
Calls and everything the users want work fine, but I only receive email notifications when the router phone/SBC regains connectivity (changes status to up).
I do not receive an email when it loses connectivity (changes status to down) anymore.

Anyone else seen this or have ideas on what's wrong?

Down notifications can take up to 30 seconds to trigger - up notifications can be less time.
In a situation where it goes down and up within 30 seconds you will only get up notifications without down. This is true of anything SBC, regardless of routerphone or not.

Reactions: Charles_3CX
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.