In our case it is just easer, no extra fees, we receive more than we send so it just make since. We use our providers API to send when needed.Not to hijack the thread but since the people in it are using the fax system.
What is the advantage to using the fax system in 3CX as opposed to the ones offered by the providers?
Assuming client is ok with email to fax systems.
In our case it is just easer, no extra fees, we receive more than we send so it just make since. We use our providers API to send when needed.
I do see people saying it's working and I can also confirm this should work as well. You need to either assign a DID to the fax server directly or create a fax forward to the email of an existing extension. If neither options work then some troubleshooting is in order.So, to get back to the original question, has anyone gotten this to work with a sip trunk connection they created in Version 20 Update 4 or higher (I upgraded to build 5 on one of my systems to see if that fixed it but no luck).
Yes the Default route in the trunk does not offer any fax options because the proper way to do this is either by assigning a DID to the fax server or creating a fax forward.The Route setting does not include any fax options when creating the trunk.
Multiple people have confirmed this is working and I have offered multiple troubleshooting steps above. Did you follow any of them? If so what did you try and what were the results? Give us some information so we can help you.Has anyone been able to do this in the last 4 months with a new trunk?
You essentially need to have the DID assigned in the correct format. See my response for a similar situation hereI am using a trunk with a single DID. I can not route it to a fax forward extension or a fax server as these options are not available. I am forced to route it to a user extension. I have tried assigning the DID to the fax server and the call still goes the user extension identified as the default route for the trunk. I have assigned the DID to fax forwarders and the calls still follow the default route. what needs to happen to get the system to ignore the default route and send the call to either the fax forwarder or the fax server?
Founded in 2005, when VoIP was an emerging technology, 3CX has gone on to establish itself as a global leader in business communications.