• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Server Error on Management Console.

psychophrenic_

Free User
Basic Certified
Reaction score
Greetings,
I cannot login to my management console.

1675623181594.png

PBX is installed on a pi4 8gb with nothing else on it. Everything worked for about 2 years. I never needed to touch the management for the past 6 months so i dont know exactly when i lost access to the management console. All Phones and Clients are working exactly as they as supposed to. I havent received any Emails with errors. Firewall in front of pbx doesnt seem to indicate any DENY actions. Last but not least, all services are up as far i am concerned and i have rebooted and restarted all services several times.

Command systemctl list-units 3CX* ngin* postgre* gives:
1675623020190.png

Command -> nano /var/log/nginx/error.log gives:

1675623132761.png

The Funny thing about it is that if i put a wrong password it does validate and give username password error. So the connection to the DB seems to be ok. Any help for a guy loosing his patience?
PS My last backup is from 13 Sep 2021 :/ (My Bad i Know.)

Reactions: MMi Solution
We have the same issue with one of our clients;
all other PBX updates had no issue, but for that one we can no longer login;

be it at the main admin console (nor with the admin account created at install time nor with an extension with full rights);
or at the webclient interface (with an account with full admin rights).

On the webclient we get "
Disconnected. Reconnecting in 35 seconds.Try now
" message.

We will try to connect at localhost

Restoring from Friday's backup was successful. Can log into Management Console, but clients still unable to log in either via web client or phone app.
Edit: Seems we can make & receive calls OK, but no team presence or call history?

Last edited:
We have the same issue with one of our clients;
all other PBX updates had no issue, but for that one we can no longer login;

be it at the main admin console (nor with the admin account created at install time nor with an extension with full rights);
or at the webclient interface (with an account with full admin rights).

On the webclient we get "
Disconnected. Reconnecting in 35 seconds.Try now
" message.

Neither Localhost nor fqdn work. Server error on login for both.

Even like that there is the "Server error" message;
so it isn't a restriction on IP addresses.

We did a reboot, and no difference either.

Even like that there is the "Server error" message;
so it isn't a restriction on IP addresses.

We did a reboot, and no difference either.
Same for me. i tried probably everything "easy" like restarting services etc. The issue persists.. Anyone from 3CX willing to help?

To gain access to the MC, I had to restart the services.
open Putty and SSH to the server IP.
When the session is open use the following commands:

sudo 3CXStopServices

sudo 3CXStartServices

This will stop or start the 3cx service and gave me access to the MC to be able to restore from Friday. Calls are working , but web client & mobile apps unable to login still.

To gain access to the MC, I had to restart the services.
open Putty and SSH to the server IP.
When the session is open use the following commands:

sudo 3CXStopServices

sudo 3CXStartServices

This will stop or start the 3cx service and gave me access to the MC to be able to restore from Friday. Calls are working , but web client & mobile apps unable to login still.
That doesnt work for me. All phones and client work. I just dont have access to MC for no profound reason.
These commands do not help. There must be an error in NGINX which i cannot find.

interesting info :

root@SRV-PBX-01:~# systemctl --failed
UNIT LOAD ACTIVE SUB DESCRIPTION
● 3CXPhoneSystemMC01.service loaded failed failed 3CX PhoneSystem 01 Management Console

LOAD = Reflects whether the unit definition was properly loaded.
ACTIVE = The high-level unit activation state, i.e. generalization of SUB.
SUB = The low-level unit activation state, values depend on unit type.

1 loaded units listed. Pass --all to see loaded but inactive units, too.
To show all installed unit files use 'systemctl list-unit-files'.
root@SRV-PBX-01:~# Sy

interesting info :

root@SRV-PBX-01:~# systemctl --failed
UNIT LOAD ACTIVE SUB DESCRIPTION
● 3CXPhoneSystemMC01.service loaded failed failed 3CX PhoneSystem 01 Management Console

LOAD = Reflects whether the unit definition was properly loaded.
ACTIVE = The high-level unit activation state, i.e. generalization of SUB.
SUB = The low-level unit activation state, values depend on unit type.

1 loaded units listed. Pass --all to see loaded but inactive units, too.
To show all installed unit files use 'systemctl list-unit-files'.
root@SRV-PBX-01:~# Sy
try sudo service 3CXPhoneSystemMC01 start.
In my case all services are enabled and running. :/ I just cant login to MC

try sudo service 3CXPhoneSystemMC01 start.
In my case all services are enabled and running. :/ I just cant login to MC
I've got it the other way around. I can log into the MC, but users can't log in via webclient, mobile app or softphone.

No idea!
It appears the DB service isn't starting which could explain the issues I'm having at the moment.

So i dug into the logs and in every attemp to login i get this error:
[Microsoft.AspNetCore.DataProtection.KeyManagement.KeyRingProvider] An error occurred while reading the key ring.
So it seems there is an underlying issue with the controller that performs login actions. We need someone from 3CX at this point.

If I restart manually the service, it works; but after reboot it doens't.

I wonder if the issue is the timeout (it is slooooow to launch).

In /lib/systemd/system/3CXPhoneSystemMC01.service
I change :
TimeoutStartSec=120
to
TimeoutStartSec=240
(and then systemctl daemon-reload )
and reboot

... and it works.

(That PBX having the issue runs on a relatively low cpu/ram hardware; and during startup, the service uses 100% cpu)
If possible, an increa in cpu power should solve it also

If I restart manually the service, it works; but after reboot it doens't.

I wonder if the issue is the timeout (it is slooooow to launch).

In /lib/systemd/system/3CXPhoneSystemMC01.service
I change :
TimeoutStartSec=120
to
TimeoutStartSec=240
(and then systemctl daemon-reload )
and reboot

... and it works.

(That PBX having the issue runs on a relatively low cpu/ram hardware; and during startup, the service uses 100% cpu)
If possible, an increa in cpu power should solve it also
In my case i uninstalled 3CX and trying to perform a clean installation. Cant install now.. well thats that for 3CX

So conclusion. I reinstalled a fresh 3CX instance on my rpi4 and recovered my backup just to find out that RPI4 isnt supported anymore and i cant activate it.. what a bummer.. If anyone from 3cx is reading this post in the near future. I understand from a resource point of view why updating multiplatform software is costly. Nevertheless we should be able to use the old software as. It is not reasonable to just cut us off just because we dont want to migrate to a server or your own hosted solutions.

Raspberry solutions have been not supported for a while now, so understanding it might be frustrating right now.. you could have been ahead of the curve by staying up to date.

It seems the problem is on low cpu setups, the time at boot up may exceed the timeout.

I edited /lib/systemd/system/3CXPhoneSystemMC01.service
and changed
TimeoutStartSec=120
to
TimeoutStartSec=240
(then systemctl daemon-reload )

and it wroks correctly after a reboot

Just jumping in here we've had a few instances auto upgrades over the weekend. Few of them worked ok and so far two are dead in the water. Managed to restore one from a backup, but I'm only getting one-way audio. Something is not rite with this update.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.