• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Solved Shared Park Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcostlow

Gold Partner
Advanced Certified
Joined
Jul 11, 2020
Messages
396
Reaction score
152
Hi Everyone,

I wasn't sure what area to post this in so I hope this is the correct spot. We installed 3CX at a customer last week and today while I was there to install a new desktop they told me the park keys don't light up unless the original user hangs up. I test by calling the office managers DID and put myself on park but left the phone off hook. When I went to another phone the park didn't light up until the office manager put the phone back on hook.

I came back to my office to test with our system as I don't remember that being the case and it worked as expected. As soon as the call was put on park all phones lit up regardless of hook status. One thing I am wondering is if this is due to the SIP trunk configuration. They have an unsupported provider since the contract has a few months left.

I am going to try to perform a packet capture but wanted to see if anyone has had this before. Below is the system information.

  • 3CX Version: Enterprise Annual 16.0.8.9
  • Server OS: Debian 9
  • Is the 3CX Server Hosted and where: On premise VM with ESXi 7.0 Update 2 as hypervisor
  • IP Phone: Snom D785 firmware 10.1.64.17
  • Provisioning Method: Local
  • Trunk Provider: SoTel/Nuso
  • Has the Firewall Checker passed: YES
  • Are custom Phone Templates being used: NO
 
Hi,

That does not sound like normal behavior for those phones, but to see if the trunk is related, I would skip the DIDs and call ext-to-ext to test my shared parking.

If that works fine, but the parked external calls are the only cases where this can be replicated, then there may be something there.

Get your packet capture anyway and compare External-to-SP VS Internal-to-SP calls.
 
Meanwhile: Does the unsupported trunk have the following options? Disable them and try again
1619004720185.png
 
@JohnS_3CX thanks for pointing me in that direction.

I called the ext 700 from one of the phones and put it on park. It light lit up as expected on all phones with the phone staying off hook.

I checked the trunk and supports re-invite was checked. I disabled that and it appears to have been the issue. I am going to follow up with them tomorrow to confirm.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JohnS_3CX
It is working as expected. That appears to have been the issue. Thanks again.
 
Glad to hear, we will mark this one as solved then.

Just as a reminder to anyone else reading this, you should always keep those options disabled unless you know otherwise.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,959
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us